• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Leonardo

Feedback thread

Every time I go to the gallery, I get a message saying there's something wrong with the database.

Confirmed. 

www.theassimilationlab.com Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

But our personal albums are still intact. For example.

I see that too and it only happen when clicking on the Gallery to the left at the top.  Clicking on the "My Gallery" option via the drop down menu in a members profile are still working though. 

I'm not sure why this is kicking in now, but it's because we're running MySQL 5.7 and IP.Board 3.x is not compatible with 5.7.

As I said in the other thread, we need to upgrade to 4.x immediately!

On 2017-10-11 at 5:56 PM, AndalayBay said:

As I said in the other thread, we need to upgrade to 4.x immediately!

Yes, you manage to upgrade IPS to 4.x.

I wonder if it's possible to use the same appearence that avatars had in IPS 3 and apprently it is possible since Game Labs is also using IPS 4. :)

7 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

That was probably me. I've been working with IPS to sort the issues and they released a new version. I couldn't tell who was online at the time, so I went ahead with the upgrade. Sorry about that. :)

I keep TAL up in a pinned tab the entire time I have Firefox open. Does it show me as online the whole time, and would it be better for you if I logged out when I'm not actively browsing?

What's the reason for disabling this " Someone comments on something I follow " option in the notification settings?

I see no reason to disable that option for regular members and right now it's set to be enabled, which I cannot change and I don't like that at all.

@VincentYou did a great job with the theme, but there is one thing that might confuse people and that's the red "Start new topic" button and having a red button on top of a red background is not a good idea.