Leonardo

Feedback thread

Ha, that's funny! I've got a number of programs & Explorer (using QTTabBar) set up in a similar fashion.

I'm glad amber sunglasses work well for you! You've got me excited to try them now. Have you ever tried polarized lenses? I tried on a pair at a mall kiosk a while back and was surprised at the improved clarity.  I've been using what we call 7-11 Specials for years since it's not worth spending any kind of money on sunglasses when they're the first thing that get broken in a scuffle. Maybe it's time to upgrade! B-)

Nice! Well, now I know what to ask my Wife for for Christmas! She always hated the way I looked in 7-11 specials. I'd just tell her it's not about looks, and besides with my hairline, (or lack thereof), wire frame sunglasses will hardly improve them. :P

Sadly, I'm kinda sportin' a Picard these days.

Picard.jpg.9590e4df19d5f3895bf7d7709e55c8bf.jpg Darn you dihydrotestosterone!!

Edited by RavenMind

Wow, they do prescription lenses too. That's cool.

Heh, I love this Facebook drama shot from their website! In the full size image, you can see the reflection in the lenses of the female reaching around to take the selfie. And someone else standing in front of them that could have taken the picture instead! Looks like the male's done some manscaping so he could wear v-necks. :lmao:

f2549596-ef49-5cdf-8c61-d031bbf18e24

Edited by RavenMind

Any idea why on my Gaming PC, when I click "Mark forum as read" I get a white box with white text (I selected it in this screenshot so it is readable) with the options CANCEL and OK - yet on my Media PC, when I click "Mark forum as read" it does what it's supposed to do and marks the forum as read?

image.thumb.png.879842e67d92b38b51ea3720c1ad514c.png

I'm getting that on the red theme too, (not the default white though). I'm on an Asus ROG gaming laptop w/Nvidia GTX1060.

Edit: Same on my desktop running a Radeon HD7950, both FF & Chrome.

Edit 2: Whoa. So I got this when I tried to edit my reply after switching from the Light theme to the "Assimilation" theme:

large.5a23e5d4d55f2_ScreenIssue.jpg.6fc898bdea8c9dbb32af4bea16bf4aba.jpg

Then after switching to white, then back to "Assimilation", it looks like it's displaying properly. (I think so anyway, I don't use the red (dark) theme.) So maybe try switching from dark to white to dark again & see if that helps..?

large.5a23e5d48b6b8_ScreenIssue2.jpg.022e9c7efa19b793edda6c3ac18b8b2e.jpg

Edit again:  When cancelling an edit to this post in the dark theme, I'm getting the below.

large.5a23ea3301532_screenissue3.jpg.de88494e5f6534621d1b7d7314b800c3.jpg

Switching themes back & forth did not help in this case, and is not helping on the dark theme when trying to mark forum as read.

And that's about all my eyes can handle. :crazy: Good night folks. Or, afternoon, for Vorians. (UK, right?) :)

Edited by RavenMind

Well my query is less about the white text on white background, but rather about why one PC requires that I click OK after clicking "Mark forum as read" while the other PC doesn't.

I think you are supposed to get the prompt. The white text on white background is an issue with the cache. Try hitting hard refresh (CTRL+F5) to see if that fixes it.

As to why you get it on one machine and not the other, who knows? :P I did get a ton of errors from the background tasks this morning, so it's probably related. There are a lot of bugs in IPS' code and the cron job that runs some maintenance tasks is failing due to the code bugs, so we're probably going to see all kinds of weird shit. I just hope it only affects the presentation of the data and doesn't affect the data themselves.

16 hours ago, Vorians said:

Well my query is less about the white text on white background, but rather about why one PC requires that I click OK after clicking "Mark forum as read" while the other PC doesn't.

Okay, nevermind then.

Hey, Andalay, have you made any decisions about new forum software?  I'm purely curious.  Not intended as a rush question, just wondering what's up.

On 03/12/2017 at 8:49 PM, AndalayBay said:

I think you are supposed to get the prompt. The white text on white background is an issue with the cache. Try hitting hard refresh (CTRL+F5) to see if that fixes it.

Didn't fix it, but doesn't matter as I don't need to read what it says :D

5 hours ago, Malonn said:

Hey, Andalay, have you made any decisions about new forum software?  I'm purely curious.  Not intended as a rush question, just wondering what's up.

I really haven't had a chance to look at anything. Very busy right now in Real Life. :P

3 hours ago, Vorians said:

Didn't fix it, but doesn't matter as I don't need to read what it says :D

It's probably something Vincent forgot to change then.