• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Leonardo

Feedback thread

Thanks, it might be Cloudflare then, but no errors in the Chrome DOM console.

Edge gives this:

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

:(

I think I found it. Ironically the setting for regular members carried over, but it didn’t for project members and team leads. It should be fixed - let me know if it isn’t.

These coins were created by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham @ TWC Forum, courtsey to him.

afCNGA.png

kenCTe.png

rlcFX5.png

[IMG=https://download.sovngarde.se/afCNGA.png]
	[IMG=https://download.sovngarde.se/kenCTe.png]
	[IMG=https://download.sovngarde.se/rlcFX5.png]

Feel free to use these coins as smileys in your posts.

Just a head's up,  I'll be switching our wikis to SSL soon. I'll see if I can restore the link to our wikis. VM tried, but the forum software wouldn't cooperate.

I fixed the main menu. Now we have a menu item called "Wikis" that will take you to our wiki landing page.

I have disabled account creation for the Morrowind Modding Wiki. Most of the accounts are spam. Obviously the wiki spam prevention isn't working.

Chrome is a pain in the ass. It does that for all sites without SSL. I have a certificate for my cattery site, on the same server, but I can't get one for TAL until we switch the forum software. You need an active license to change the URL that the forums use.

No, Chrome is pointing out that we don’t have SSL, which is true. It has no idea whether our software is licensed or not. The lack of license just means we can’t upgrade, or change the site URL associated with the license. The site license is for support. We bought the software and that entitles us to use it.

11 hours ago, Sigurd Stormhand said:

So - Chrome now reports the site does not have a valid security certificate and flags this up by giving you the "Not Secure" mark in the address bar.

Been doing that for the last five years- at least- or as far as these memory banks have stored it.

On 2018-08-23 at 8:16 PM, AndalayBay said:

Chrome is a pain in the ass. It does that for all sites without SSL.

Mozilla does that to and here is a thread about that on TWC.