• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Leonardo

Feedback thread

It might have been unavailable for two minutes, but it wasn't down. I just updated a few server packages. One of them was MySQL, so that would make TAL unavailable for a couple of minutes.

Is there a reason why we still have the ModeratorCP option in the members drop down menu?

I recall we got access to the ModeratorCP when the Kafka's Fun House forum were accessible, but now the Kafka's Fun House forum is no longer present on the main index.

So, what's the point of still having access to the ModeratorCP in the members drop down menu when it is no longer needed. :shrug:

All I got is a screen with a "Site Moderation" text and there is a locked symbol before the text.   I also see this text.

Use the Approval Queue to step through each piece of content awaiting moderator approval.

Use the toolbar buttons to take action on the content and load the next item automatically.

Just test it by clicking begin the approval queue and apparently it does nothing useful, so that can be removed unless you want to restore the Kafka's Fun House forum later with a new forum software or not.

Why do you even bother about the mess that IPS gave you due to a buggy update.

If I were you I would probably bother about getting a new forum software in place asap, but I do understand that sometimes RL intervene and no one can do anything about it.

I have a ton on my plate right now, as you know from my status updates. I’ll get back to evaluating replacement forum software when things quiet down. I continue to look after the server and make sure it’s up to date. The forums are running and we have anti-spam software in place, so while the current forum software has some annoying bugs, it’s functional and secure.

4 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

The forums are running and we have anti-spam software in place, so while the current forum software has some annoying bugs, it’s functional and secure.

Having that is important and I agree it is a lot better than nothing, I suppose.