• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Welcome to TAL - Introduce Yourself!

Greetings, I am Zetman.  Some may recognize me as Zetman on the Bethsoft forums, or Ordinary Joe at alternatehistory.com , though I can't blame you if you don't.  I've never been the most prolific poster. 

But first I must deliver some bad news, I have zero experience in mod creation.  I've never made a mod for anything, except for some scenarios and maps I edited for Civilization 3 for personal use using the map and scenario editor included with the game. 

But there is good news as well ... um, well, I try to be polite.  That counts for something, doesn't it, I hope?  I'm so sorry. 

I found this site after hearing that Iliana's wonderful Elsweyr Anequina had been reuploaded somewhere, and not only that but that there was a new version.  But it seems I may have missed the boat on that.  Unless I'm mixed up, which happens. 

Regardless, greetings to all of you, and good evening, or good morning, or good afternoon, depending on your time zone. 

Welcome to TAL! :beerchug:I love Civilization. I've spent many a sleepless night playing it. Just one more turn... You're welcome to upload your mods here if you like.In terms of modding TES, we can help you get started. We can also recommend other sites with some excellent tutorials. Just let us know how we can help.

Welcome to TAL! :beerchug:I love Civilization. I've spent many a sleepless night playing it. Just one more turn... You're welcome to upload your mods here if you like.In terms of modding TES, we can help you get started. We can also recommend other sites with some excellent tutorials. Just let us know how we can help.

Thank you, thank you so much.  Regarding my Civ 3 work, I'd be rather embarrassed to show them to anyone.  They aren't anything special.  And some of what I've done are personal edits of other people's mods.  Doing that for my personal use is fine, but I wouldn't feel right uploading edited versions of other people's mods. 

Regarding modding for TES, I've been mulling over some ideas, but nothing clear enough in my head for me to start asking for suggestions on.  But I will be back to ask questions once I've decided what I want to ask for help on. 

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome. 

Good evening! I'm brucoms (or VesnaBrucoms on the Nexus) and I enjoy modding TES games. My current focus at the moment is with Morrowind and setting up a new wiki to guide new players to installing, uninstalling, and using mods.

I'll repeat my Welcome to TAL! :D:alienjump:

It's really good to see some Morrowind modders here. Our Morrowind section is seriously lacking! We'll have to work on rectifying that. :D

Hello everyone. My name is Vincent, but you probably saw that looking at my username. Yes it is my real name, to get that out of the way. I get asked that a lot. 

So who am I? I am 23 years old and I was born and raised on Long Island, New York.

I'm trying to break my way into the games industry the hard way. College didn't end up working out for me, so I'm doing it all on my own.

I used to work with the team on The Dark Brotherhood Chronicles mod Awakening for a number of years, before I split off on my own to form my own project, The Brotherhood of Old, which is now hosted here. Thanks to AndalayBay and deaths_soul for hooking me up. 

I should probably introduce myself here as well, I got a little caught up trying to be productive right off the bat.

Hello everyone, I'm the most recent bit of new blood by the looks of it. I'm a freelancer, dabbling writer and former radio journalist from Latin America with a deep monotone and a chip on my shoulder. Just about your average solitary PC gaming enthusiast in many ways, as the hobby hasn't particularly caught on in the area. Other interests would be Pa Kua, a healthy variety of musical tastes and RP in a few systems - Over IRC, not actual tabletop, as role playing outside of an intimate context is just about unheard of hereabouts. That and I am the sort to prefer text in most cases.

I'm a fairly odd person to get along between my speech patterns and lapses of long-winded rambling when something catches my interest enough to pull me out of my usual withdrawn demeanor. That aside, I've mentioned other eccentricities to AndalayBay and don't believe they'll cause much of an issue. Kind of the opposite: I've actually been pulled along to do some writing for her and the Chronicles team. It seems pretty sudden given how new I am to the board - And to Oblivion modding in general -, but I believe I'm managing to fit in decently - Or drive everyone halfway nuts, it's hard to tell for the time being.

So I'm hoping to get along with everyone and help bring about some entertaining content.

Don't worry Cray, you'll fit in perfectly. The DBC crew are already completely nuts and so is the board staff. It's a "job" requirement. :PCray has generated a lot of discussion in the DBC forums and is giving us some new ideas to chew on. Welcome to the team Cray and welcome to TAL. :beerchug: