• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Welcome to TAL - Introduce Yourself!

Hey all! I am trying to get back to moding and gaming. Long story. But the good news is I have a computer and Internet now. I have plans to finish a few of my mods, update some old ones and some ideas for some new ones.

Hey all! I am trying to get back to moding and gaming. Long story. But the good news is I have a computer and Internet now. I have plans to finish a few of my mods, update some old ones and some ideas for some new ones.

Welcome to TAL Sandman101! :banana:  :beerchug:

I know you from GHF, but also what happen in the past.  Anyway, it's great to see you here. :D

MW,OB,FO3,FONV,FO1&2, Skyrim,Mass Effect,Dragon Age, Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale....

Hey Leo!

A lot has happened. Arm surgery, making it difficult to mod or play. Out of work for 6 months. House forclosure. Lost car. No Internet. Got Internet back, 2 routers struck by lightening in 2 months. Cancled internet. Hard drive crashed on coming comp, had to save up to replace. Finally got Internet back. Wife was in 2 different car wrecks, both with her stopped. One at a light (guy was texting, totaled 3 cars) second,parked in a lot and car jumped the concrete barrier and almost took her leg off.

Fun, fun, fun!!!!

But things are getting better.

Welcome Sandman - I hope you enjoy being here on TAL.

It sounds as if you've had a terribly difficult time and may your joining TAL be the start of new and better times for you and your wife.  :beerchug:

Guess I should do an introduction by now! Munch brought me here when I expressed interest in adding some CB functionality to a jungle mod I use, and now I find myself jumping into other projects. XD I'm 28, I've been gaming for practically my whole life, I enjoy RPGs and life sims mainly, and I really need a new computer but at least this one plays Morrowind and Oblivion. I've played Skyrim, but only on console. I'm a TES lore nut, but occasionally I do ignore bits I don't like (*cough*jungle Cyrodiil retcon*cough*).

I have many years of experience with Photoshop and I currently use CS6. I can do just about anything texture-wise: change colors, add patterns, edit shininess, etc. I can also just create textures from scratch, but depending on the complexity of the mesh, it might not be that great. I can also make graphics and things, if anybody needs those. From my Sims 4 modding days, I know my way around the basics of Blender to the point that I can make extremely basic meshes from scratch and create the texture map, convert objects/meshes from other games, slightly edit existing meshes, and reduce polys to a certain extent. I don't know how to change meshes in more drastic ways such as body conversions or anything, but I might be able to franken-mesh although I haven't tried it yet. I love writing and would be more than happy to assist with or create ideas, plots, characters, dialogue, books/notes, and quests. I took programming in high school so I know my way around a piece of code and learn very quickly, but I should probably stick to simple things for a while. What else? Hmm... I would LOVE to do some voice-acting, but all I have right now is a built-in laptop mic so my recordings would probably suck lol Oh and I do have some experience with the Construction Sets for Morrowind and Oblivion. I could probably make my own player home at this point, I just haven't tried yet.

Anyway, I am here to help in whatever way I can! Seriously! And also maybe hang out a bit. ;)

Out of curiosity, which programming languages do you have experience with? In my experience, high schools mostly teach BASIC and Java these days so I'm rather curious. :)

It definitely wasn't Java, but I'm not entirely sure what it was. I just checked, and apparently they don't offer it anymore. :( I want to say it was a type of C or something similar, but it could have been BASIC. I remember declaring variables using "dim" for sure. This was all 10 years ago, so I don't remember a whole lot of it, but I did extremely well in the class and the basic structure of code is fairly universal.

Guess I should do an introduction by now! Munch brought me here when I expressed interest in adding some CB functionality to a jungle mod I use, and now I find myself jumping into other projects. XD I'm 28, I've been gaming for practically my whole life, I enjoy RPGs and life sims mainly, and I really need a new computer but at least this one plays Morrowind and Oblivion. I've played Skyrim, but only on console. I'm a TES lore nut, but occasionally I do ignore bits I don't like (*cough*jungle Cyrodiil retcon*cough*).

Let me tell you my feelings about the books.

tumblr_inline_mmgod0Iz5u1qz4rgp.gif

*watches annachibi flee*