• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Welcome to TAL - Introduce Yourself!

Welcome annachibi - good to meet you!

There's projects to join in with and also plenty of fun to be had if you hang out. A number of us write and many of us enjoy good and bad (hello VM!) movies.

I hope you find TAL a good place to be.

Bad movies are fun! :D

Out of curiosity, which programming languages do you have experience with? In my experience, high schools mostly teach BASIC and Java these days so I'm rather curious. :)

It definitely wasn't Java, but I'm not entirely sure what it was. I just checked, and apparently they don't offer it anymore. :( I want to say it was a type of C or something similar, but it could have been BASIC. I remember declaring variables using "dim" for sure. This was all 10 years ago, so I don't remember a whole lot of it, but I did extremely well in the class and the basic structure of code is fairly universal.
That was definitely BASIC. A lot of people rail against it but I find it to be a good introductory language. :)

Hahaha oh believe me, I can handle the feels. I haven't been able to read any of the books, unfortunately.

Hmm, bad movies like Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter? Not that I would necessarily say it's bad, but it's certainly not a masterpiece, just ridiculous actiony fun. XD

Hello everyone, I come from the Morrowind Nexus and the Bethesda Forums.  I have made only one mod so far and I am currently working on a project called Better Dialogue-Choices, which overhauls the game's dialogue.  Looking forward to seeing how things are here and meeting everybody :)

Hello everyone, I come from the Morrowind Nexus and the Bethesda Forums.  I have made only one mod so far and I am currently working on a project called Better Dialogue-Choices, which overhauls the game's dialogue.  Looking forward to seeing how things are here and meeting everybody :)

Welcome to TAL! :banana:

If you plan to come here to our enclave in the cyberspace and pretend to be a killer then let me warn you.  Don't hurt AndalayBay, our Borg Queen, otherwise I'll be after you, because I am a Drone to our Borg Queen and I monitor this forum.  :P 

Welcome to TAL! :banana:

If you plan to come here to our enclave in the cyberspace and pretend to be a killer then let me warn you.  Don't hurt AndalayBay, our Borg Queen, otherwise I'll be after you, because I am a Drone to our Borg Queen and I monitor this forum.  :P

haha I'll keep that in mind :P

Hello, world. This place looks cosy, I see many familiar names (hi, AB!). Just setting myself up for the coming eclipse of the Beth forums, where I've usually been posting.

Oh, and my background is playing and modding Oblivion (got a few minor mods on the Nexus). I play Morrowind and FO3/NV too, but have no plans to mod those. So apart from general community stuff, I think I may value any technical discussions here, especially WRT scripting.

Edited by tegeusCromis

Gentlefolk, I'm WhiskeySykes. Long time Morrowind and Total War fanatic, new to modding.

After a long absence from gaming, I wanted to do something creative this time, so I started modding Shogun 2 late January. Its been a good choice; modding's definitely more fulfilling. Most of the fun is from problem solving, like when no one replies to your questions, but you go searching and find some old tool that does the trick. Its just like garage work, minus the losing skin part: the tool box is always cluttered, and nobody can help :P

For real though, thanks for hosting my stuff!

Hi, folks!

I've been around making mods for many years, mostly for Oblivion. At the moment, my main focus is to rebuild my website from scratch using Wordpress instead of a website builder. After that is done, I may dive into learning more about Java (I bought a Java programming book recently) and/or improve my 3D sculpting skills. I'm rather new to programming (I can code a little PHP, HTML and CSS to customize e.g. a Wordpress template).  My skills in 3D modeling slowly become better but I feel that I still need a lot more time than the average modeler to create a model. Maybe I need to practice more often to become faster. This isn't easy when I'm struggling with motivation. I just keep going though.

Edited by Selene310187

Nice to meet you, Schtearn. I like people who don't take themselves too seriously ^_^. It took me a bit longer to understand what you said though because I had to look up some words like ning-nong, never heard of that. I'm glad that there are search engines and dictonaries :thumbsup:.

The Nexus, yeah.  That's where I saw your name recently.  You speak English well considering German is your first language (I assume).

Hello and welcome.

Thank you. Yes, German is my first language. I learned English since grade 5 of the primary school (the primary schools in the state where I lived went to grade 6, the ones in the other states to grade 4) until grade 13 of the high school ("Gymnasium" in Germany). After that I learned  "Business English" during my apprenticeship as a  "foreign language assistant" ("Fremdsprachenassistent") (2 years). Although, I did the apprenticeship about 10 years ago and haven't worked in this kind of field, I try using English everyday reading Endlish speaking forums, articles, books or watching movies in English (but I still need English subtitles in most cases). I think I can write better in English than talk irl (this applies to German as well; I'm an introvert, I guess :D). However, I'm proud that I mananged some conversations with people I met during my trip to Cardiff last year. Why Cardiff? Because it was my last chance to visit the Doctor Who Experience before it closed its doors forever :mellow:. Yeah, I'm a whovian :geek:.

Edited by Selene310187