• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  

Holy shit! They are rewriting the bloody game!

Well have a look at these pictures and the generals is wearing cool army shields. :)

post-2739-0-95666300-1379788735_thumb.jpg

Also pictures of a cool in-game feature and the first picture show what colors you can see after you have reached a "Defensive Alliance" agreement with another faction.

post-2739-0-65722400-1379789174_thumb.jpgpost-2739-0-58192500-1379789121_thumb.jpg

The second picture show what new ability you have once a "Defensive Alliance" agreement is in place.

Edited by Leonardo

*Notes the politic omission of Total War.Org from the opening post.*

Aside from that - none of this is especially new - the surprising thing is the effort going into fixing the game. While I'm waiting for Rome II to get sorted I've been playing MIITW.

Thjat game had a heinous engine bug whereby having a shield REDUCED the defensive stat of a soldier rather than raised it. It took two patches before CA acknowledged the issue and fixed it. Bear in mind, this is a game where the MAJORITY of units have shields, and your mainline units rely on them because they have little to no armour.

That game had a heinous engine bug whereby having a shield REDUCED the defensive stat of a soldier rather than raised it. It took two patches before CA acknowledged the issue and fixed it. Bear in mind, this is a game where the MAJORITY of units have shields, and your mainline units rely on them because they have little to no armour.

I didn't know that about the engine *shield* bug in Medieval 2 TW, but I doubt that there is a game in the Total War games series that doesn't have one single engine bug.

Today I discover another engine bug in Empire TW.  It gets triggered when you have a rake (I was playing Russia) in a city and you want to assassinate an enemy general that's close to the same city where your rake are.

I took some pictures to show you what will happen when the engine *agent* bug occur.  This particular engine bug also have a *cheat* effect and you'll know what I mean when you see these pictures.

2013 10 16 00006

2013 10 16 00007

2013 10 16 00009

2013 10 16 00003

2013 10 16 00005

Edited by Leonardo

Reposted from Official TW-forum 

CraigTW said:  Hi guys,Just to let you know, the free Baktria faction is now live and available.The latest free ROME II faction is now available to download and play. This update enables players to embark on a new campaign as one of ROME II’s easternmost factions, the great trading nation of Baktria.Originally a part of Alexander The Great’s vast empire, Baktria was a crossroads of commerce between east and west. Its cities were famed as glittering jewels in the desert sands, where colonists from Persia, the Greek states, and many other far-flung places came to live and seek their fortunes. With armed forces as varied as her people, Baktria offers players a diverse battle experience as well, blending units from the Greek rosters with those of Eastern cultures.Baktria will download automatically for ROME II players via Steam, and will require players to restart ROME II if already in-game. For more information on Baktria, please visit:http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...aktria_FactionEnjoy!Craig

Reposted from the official TW-wiki

Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit Beta

Following the successful launch of the Steam Workshop for ROME II, we are pleased to release version one of the Assembly Kit for ROME II. The Assembly Kit is currently in Beta, and its feature-set will expand over time. If you have any questions or find any bugs to report, please visit the official forums here: http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/181-Total-War-ROME-II-Game-Mods
The Assembly Kit is essentially a collection of tools and example data files that will help modders create bigger and better mods. It contains:

• [*]TWeak with the following two plugins
    • [*]DaVE – the game database editor [*]Variant Editor – for editing the look of characters, units and ships

[*]BOB – for processing data including:

• [*]Textures [*]Models [*]Animations [*]Database tables [*]Group formations [*]Campaign starting positions [*]Packing files into mod pack

[*]Exporters

• [*]3ds max for models [*]Motion Builder for animations [*]Maya for animations

[*]Data

• [*]Example data for each supported data type [*]The complete database backend

These tools will allow for the creation of mods that can then be uploaded to the Steam Workshop via the ROME II root folder (SteamsteamappscommonTotal War Rome IIassembly_kit).
You can find instructions for this here:
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Steam_Workshop_and_How_to_Make_Mods
This Beta release is designed to allow for the tools and processes to be tested by modders through usage, and to make sure there are no issues. We’ll post official documentation over the next few days and weeks, which will ultimately cover all areas of the Assembly Kit.
We’re looking forward to seeing what everyone will make with these tools, and the Assembly Kit will be updated over time to include other tools as well. To download the Assembly Kit, open your Steam client, and click Library->tools. Scroll down to Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA and double-click to install.
Once the Assembly Kit is installed via the tools menu in Steam, users can find all the tools here in their Rome II root folder:
SteamsteamappscommonTotal War Rome IIassembly_kit
Known Issue [as of 16/01/2014]:
If the user launches the Assembly Kit through the Tools section of Steam it will generate a file called steam_appid.txt in; C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonTotal War Rome IIassembly_kitbinaries
If the user then attempts to process a campaign start_pos through BOB it will NOT generate the start_pos.esf file because Rome2 will crash before it is able to start the process.
There is a work around – if the user manually deletes the file steam_appid.txt from the above directory it will work correctly, however if they launch via the Tools menu in Steam the file will be re-generated. This will not harm or affect the users game in any way.

Edited by Leonardo

I've just bought Medieval TW and Shogun TW on Steam, and I highly recommend buying both games if you played the original game(s) when it were released about 15 years ago.

The reason I bought Medieval TW is that my retail MTW-Gold 2.01 DVD has some scratches in the middle, you know where the disc cover for the game title is and I don't know if I could replace it if the disc was completely damaged.

So today I bought it on Steam and I also decided to buy Shogun TW too since I started to play the Total War game series 15 years ago.

Anyway, I took a few pictures from Medieval TW and as soon see them you'll know why I recommend to buy both games.  However, I haven't tried Shogun TW yet but I'll play it later on. :)

2015 07 17 00001

I could only play Medieval TW in 800x800 resolution and now you can play Medieval TW with 1920x1080 resolution.

2015 07 17 00002

The retail Medieval TW-Gold 2.01 doesn't had a map editor and now you can edit maps or create new ones.

2015 07 17 00003

Although, I can play in higher resolution than I could before and this is the prize you need to pay.

Just look at the character where you see what kind of influence the charcter has, in my case the Viking king Ragnar I, it doesn't look good.

Finally, as a free gift so to speak, you can now take pictures in-game and show it to your friends.

I have been waiting for a VERY long time to actually take a picture or two in Medieval TW without any fuss whatsoever without using Fraps. :D

FYI  If you plan to buy Rome TW on Steam then don't buy it.  The game title is Rome Total War - Collection and by judging the game title you may assume that BI is included which it is,  but you cannot play it and I've no idea why you can't play BI.

I posted a thread about it here.  Anyway, mystery solved and I can only blame myself for being to eager to play.

Edited by Leonardo