• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Leonardo

Tamriel Rebuilt - The largest mod for Morrowind

Yes I know they have been doing that for many years now.

I worked on this mod WAAAYY way back....

You did?  What you make stop doing that?  You don't have to answer if you don't want to. :)

Well back then was when i lost internet for about 2 years.... also a lot of the original founders were very uppity.... Writers like Haplo and lore nuts like Sload... it just became too burdening to deal with them. -_-

Reposted from BSF

Tamriel Rebuilt is pleased to announce the release of build 14.08!

Download: Fliggerty | Nexus

What’s New

This is the first release in our new release system, and contains all updates originally planned for Sacred East 1.6, as well as an updated version of our unfinished Alpha lands which now include the remaining parts of Velothis district including the city of Baan Malur, and the Skyrim border regions. No new lands have been added to TR_Mainland, though some of our existing areas around Bosmora got a huge overhaul. There are also many new quests, including the completion of Akamora’s Fighters’ guild questline! Between the Main file and the alpha, one can now access the entire Mainland with the exception of the City of Almalexia and the unfinished heightmap of Southern Morrowind.

Please be sure to remove Sacred East, TR_Data, and the previous alpha (if installed), prior to installing the contents of this archive, as this format supersedes all previous TR releases. We have also updated our readme to be in PDF format for increased readability. Those wishing for a text version can find one here. Changelogs will also be included in all future builds of Tamriel Rebuilt. You can find a list of changes in this update here.

Project Status [August 2014]

While this update does not add any new lands to the playable release, you can explore more areas in the Alpha. We anticipate the first of these areas, the Thirr River Valley, will be ready for the next update, possibly in early 2015. We are currently in the final stages of NPCing these areas (shaded in green in the map below). Other areas including the cities of Old Ebonheart and Andothren (areas in Yellow) are well into the NPC planning stages, and it will likely be that they will start the NPCing process as soon as we are finished the Thirr River Valley areas. This is an exciting time for Tamriel Rebuilt, as we begin to solidify our planning processes to bring you areas that are even more captivating than those found in prior versions of Tamriel Rebuilt.

Development Map (not a release schedule).

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy this release!

Reposted from BSF

Tamriel Rebuilt is pleased to announce the release of build 15.10!

Download: Main Mirror | Fliggerty |Nexus

What's New

It has been well over a year since our last update, and we feel it's time to get things moving along. The delay in releases has been attributed to, as many of you may already well know, a major restructuring in our project. While this past year has seen little in terms of in-game progress, we are now laying the foundations for the various stories and quests you will experience on the Mainland. This latest release contains a few minor bugfixes to existing content, and is classified as a maintenance release. Most major changes and additions are in our Preview file (formerly known as TR_Alpha). We are incredibly pleased to include the unfinished City of Almalexia in the Preview. This is intended to be a treat to you, the player, rather than a representation of the city in its' final form. The city has no interiors or NPCs, and may cause stability issues. We provide the city as-is, with no guarantee or support in terms of bugfixes, as the city will eventually be redone entirely. We have also added the unfinished heightmap of Southern Morrowind, as we have recieved many complaints about land cutoffs to the south. Between the main release and the preview release, you will now be able to access the entire mainland landmass. Amongst other changes, most of the city of Old Ebonheart has now been interiorized and NPCed, so feel free to explore the city!

As always, with updating, please be sure to remove the previous install of Tamriel Rebuilt in its' entirety. If you are also running the TR_Alpha.esp file, delete it immediately, as the TR_Preview file contains the data included in the Alpha, with further additions. For a full list of changes, please consult the changelog file that is included in the package.

Project Status [October 2015]

As of October 2015, the latest build of Tamriel Rebuilt is version 15.10, released on October 8th, 2015. It contains several bugfixes from our previous 14.08 release. The TR_Alpha file is now known as TR_Preview, and contains the additions of our unfinished heightmap of Southern Morrowind, and our current (to-be-scrapped) iteration of the City of Almalexia. The updated preview file also includes an interiorized and NPCed Old Ebonheart, as well as the new town of Vhul in the Thirr River Valley. This update is the second of our new release scheme, and is the first in our series of 90-day rolling updates. Our next update will be released in December 2015. We hope to begin implementing our unified fast-travel system in the upcoming release. We are currently in the midsts of planning future content. As such, future updates will continue to be maintenance releases. Please consult our changelog for a detailed list of changes and fixes. You are encouraged to visit our forums, or social media outlets to keep track of current progress.

Thank you for your continued support, and we hope you enjoy this release!
-The Tamriel Rebuilt Team

A new game awaits me, but first I want to finish the MQ before I even consider to start a new game.

Reposted from BSF

Indeed, Tamriel_Data is now a requirement for Tamriel Rebuilt.

Unfortunately, I still can't update the OP, but TR1609 is out!

What’s New

The big news is that Tamriel Rebuilt has moved its assets to Tamriel_Data (link is external). If you have used Tamriel Rebuilt in the past, please read up on Tamriel_Data (link is external), download it and register the BSAs. (link is external)

It needs to be repeated, since this is the biggest hurdle new users face when first installing Tamriel Rebuilt: Install Tamriel_Data.

Register both BSAs!

Both BSAs! (This is a link, click it! Seriously, click it.)

Aside from moving to this unified province asset framework, TR1609 took the opportunity to revamp its regions and city names. Formerly afraid of breaking continuity with previous releases, names and region changes which had been confined to Tamriel Rebuilt design documents and discussion threads have finally found their way into game files. TR_Travels has been updated to its final release before its changes find their way into our main gamefiles. If you have a strong opinion about either of this, please check our forums and discuss it!

Additionally, we have incorporated several bugfixes and revamps. Notable, Andothren is nearing completion, and Menaan has started to come into its own as an independant settlement.

Finally...

==============================================================

The Tamriel Rebuilt Team still needs YOU!

Far from being an exclusive group of modders, Tamriel Rebuilt is open for everyone! If you know your way around the Construction Set, GIMP or Blender, and want to contribute, you are welcome.

But even if you don’t have those skills yet, you are welcome to talk about Tamriel Rebuilt, Morrowind, or lore in general.

Tamriel Rebuilt not only has its own website and forum for you to post in, it also has its own IRC channel and Discord server! Access information can be found here. We hold weekly, public development meetings on Discord, 5PM UTC on Saturdays.

If you are interested, don’t be afraid to just hang around listen, or jump in when you feel like saying something. Tamriel Rebuilt is not happening behind closed doors, you too can be part of it!

The old TR-thread at BSF are now closed from posting due to Bethesda's decision to let the old forum be set to read-only.

Now has the TR-team posted the same thread at Bethesda.net.  Of course anyone can post at the TR-forum, if one wants to do that.

On 4/29/2017 at 11:59 PM, Leonardo said:

Of course anyone can post at the TR-forum, if one wants to do that

Is that still working for you? In Google:

TRerror.JPG.0fe06223a69a2c6c7c77a4a395885d42.JPG

They explain:

TRInfo.JPG.a356721a79e9bb373dc11763aa8ad89a.JPG

That’s why I don’t use Chrome. It’s ironic, given that Google tracks you and sends your personal information to advertisers. Anyway in this case, it’s complaining because it can’t verify the SSL certificate. If you search for that error message, you’ll find a bunch of solutions, including some that simply tell you to clear your cache.

For the record, I get a similar error with Firefox, although Firefox admits that it might be just a misconfigured certificate.

It lets you get through to the site though? Hooray. Also tried with Edge- if that's a thing:

EdgeError.JPG.edeab735e06b28a6e67c3b209530c713.JPG
It least it allowed the option of continuing onto the site. Yay. User end rectification possibilities here.

Edit: There are ways about it in Chrome, but a little convoluted:

If the error mentions HSTS, privacy certificates, or invalid names, try the steps below:

Step 1: Sign in to the portal

Wi-Fi networks at places like cafes or airports need you to sign in. To see the sign-in page, visit a page that uses http://.

1. Go to any website starting with http://, like http://example.com.
  2. On the sign-in page that opens, sign in to use the internet.

Step 2: Open the page in Incognito mode (computer only)

Open the page you were visiting in an Incognito window.

If the page opens, a Chrome extension isn't working right. To fix the error, turn off the extension. Learn how to turn off Chrome extensions.

Edited by Schtearn