• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Sign in to follow this  
'Drea

Kitties!!

Yes we do! In fact I've got a funny kitty story to relate. First, here's a pic of my sweetie, Patton:

Posted Image

Patton is an indoor cat for the most part. I don't think he's ever met a dog. Well the neighbour just got a puppy. His name is Bentley. It's one of these hypo-allergenic dogs that's a cross between a poodle and something else. I'm not sure what the something else is in this case, but it's fairly small, rambunctious and rather yappy.  Anyway she brought it into our house one day and I decided to see how Patton would react. I put him down and the dog promptly came over and they sniffed noses. Now being a puppy, Bentley was being rather pushy and he shoved his nose right in Patton's face. That earned him a stern look of absolute disdain. But Patton didn't run, nor did he give him a swat or anything. Just the look. Bentley decided that things were going smashing, so he wanted to play. He started jumpy around, rolling around and barking. Patton's reply to that was "Forget it! I'm outta here!". :rofl: He didn't run far, but he ran up a few stairs. This puppy hasn't figured out how to climb stairs yet, so Patton was able to observe the proceedings from a safe distance.

Yesterday, our cats caught a mouse.  When we came home, we were met at the landing by ALL NINE OF THEM clustered around the dead mouse, each with this "Look what I did!" expression on their face.

...though I think the mouse managed a Darwin award for coming into a nine-cat household.

Time for a funny kitty story:

I normally have my hair pretty short, but I decided to let it grow over the past few months. Well having hair on the back of my neck was driving me crazy, so I tied it back the other day. It's barely long enough, but makes a two or three inch long ponytail. We I guess Patton isn't used to seeing me with a "tail". He absolutely STARED at me when I was sitting on the couch. Then he cautiously came over and sniffed at me very closely. We touched noses! (Which I've never done with a cat).

And today I went to the hairdresser and got it all chopped off. Now we'll see if he stares at me again. :lmao:

Her name is shorty (well, translated from german). She likes to lay around aaalllll day.

Shorty: Do you have catnip?

post-2814-0-16559000-1380285271_thumb.jpg

ten minutes later: I love catnip 

post-2814-0-85790000-1380285276_thumb.jpg

Could someone please tell me how to upload pictures onto the forum?  I'm clicking on the Image icon, but it's asking me for the URL of the picture and I don't know how to get that from my computer Pictures file/s.

Thank you.

:)

There are two ways: via the gallery or an attachment.For the gallery, click "Gallery" at the top and then click "Upload" and set up an album. Once you upload the file, you go to the image and in the share link you copy the URL and you can paste that into the image icon you clicked on before.The second way is with an attachment. Click the "More Reply Options" button under the quick-reply box and under the "Attach Files" section, you click on upload or something and follow the prompts.Hope that helps. :)

It would be better to use the gallery, if you don't mind. That way, guests can see your images (they can't see attachments) and the images uploaded to the gallery won't count against your global upload quota. If you want more help, please have a look at this thread: http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/topic/4735-howto-add-images-to-posts/

Downside to keeping the canned cat food in the same pantry as the canned soups.  Every time I make soup, I'm joined by at least five inquisitive noses.  "Mom?  Mom?  Whatcha doing?  Is that food?  We like food.  Let me stick my head in your bowl."

(Also, before anyone asks, yes, we have nine cats.  Always spay and neuter your pets, kids!)

Awwww...

And Patton finally has the opportunity to get in my way while I'm typing. He's not allowed on the furniture like desks, tables and stuff, but is allowed on the couch. At 6 pm I go down to watch the news, so I pull out my iPad with a keyboard stand and put it on my lap. Well that's fair game! So as I'm sitting there typing, he will put his two front paws on my leg, as best he can without knocking the computer off, and will proceed to nudge my arm with his head until he gets a scratch on the head. When that inevitably proves insufficient, he'll wedge his head under my arm stopping me from typing. Eventually he'll settle down and snuggle up to me while I play on the iPad.