• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Linode Critical Maintenance   01/10/2018

Phase 1 is complete. There will be a second round once Linode gets a patch. I have updated the forum thread -  please see my post here.
'Drea

Kitties!!

At approaching 6 months Pip is as big as Blue and almost as heavy.  He's a sweet and playful kitten apart from recently deciding my left leg is a scratching post when I'm putting his food into a bowl!  Here's some recent photos...

WP_20171205_11_02_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20171205_11_03_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20171205_11_02_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20171209_11_16_36_Pro.jpg

Edited by Sue

He’s got a beautiful coat. We’re hoping Kyan develops a nice coat. I’m getting the kittens registered now. Once I’ve got the registrations, I’ll post pictures along with their official names. ;)

That will be lovely to see :)

My Mum is terrified Pip will be stolen because he's such a beautiful looking animal.  He's also very friendly and sociable, so I get her concern, but I believe that, where possible, cats should be able to go outside.  Both cats are microchipped.  He's not been out much yet and if he disappears off I give it a few minutes and then start calling.  Pip then tends to shout the kitten equivalent of 'I'm here - I'm coming!'  until he reaches me.  It's very sweet. 

We have animals stolen here all the time, especially if they are expensive. I let my guys out in the backyard, but watch them on security camera to make sure they don’t jump up on the fences. I also take them out on walks on a leash.

It’s finally nice and cold here. In fact it’s so cold that the city has made more beds available for the homeless. We’ve gotten lots of snow too. So when Pascal wanted to go out today, I let them all out. Only Ada didn’t want to go out. Kyan played in the snow, but the rest weren’t interested in staying out too long. :lmao: It was about -20C with the wind chill.

In the UK cats are able to roam freely between home and outside at their owners discretion.  Many don't bother with keeping tabs on their cats, but I'm careful.  If Blue or Pip go outside I check on them regularly even though we have a cat flap.  Often, I'm in the garden with them and they tend to stay close.  Pip is very excited each time I demonstrate how the cat flap opens, but has yet to use it of his own accord.  Sadly, the worst predators here are humans, but foxes and badgers are seen on a regular basis in our area.  Years back Blue came in with the bottom half of one of her back legs ripped down to the tendon.  It was thought a fox might be responsible, but a dog would be capable of doing that manner of damage so the jury remains out.

Ouch! Whatever it was, it must have been fast.

Our neighbour’s dog got attacked by another dog when she took him out for a walk. He was on a leash, but the other dog was running loose and it came charging out from between the houses and attacked her dog. Fortunately it didn’t do a lot of damage, but she did have to take her dog to the vet for some treatment. She knew exactly who the owner was, so she reported them to the city. The owner was a real dick and told her to f*** off.

I was really surprised how he handles bully cats. Completely different from what I was told by a vet. The vet’s advice didn’t work. In fact part of her advice was to put the bullied cat in a room, which didn’t help at all.