Kitties!!

• Please log in to reply
650 replies to this topic

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

Magma Golem

• Administrators
  • 12,603 posts
I want to say a few days? They were pretty tiny. I think she may have moved them as I don't see them there now but I'll keep the area secure in case she brings them back. :)

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Sys Admin
  • 12,273 posts

Did she eat the food you put out?

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

Magma Golem

• Administrators
  • 12,603 posts
No, should I try again?

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Sys Admin
  • 12,273 posts

If you don't see her around, there's no sense to it. You could attract undesirables.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

Magma Golem

• Administrators
  • 12,603 posts
Yeah, I haven't seen her since Tuesday morning. She's still around though. My dog has been smelling her in the area so I'll leave the area as she left it in case she decides to return. :)

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Sys Admin
  • 12,273 posts
You could try tossing some food her way when your dog alerts to her presence. You'll need to gain her trust, especially if she has a litter of kittens. She'll be wary and avoid people in general.

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

Magma Golem

• Administrators
  • 12,603 posts
Thanks, I'll try that. I'll also try to avoid her nesting grounds so I don't spook her too much. Anything else I can do? I'm most concerned about wanting to make sure she's able to be in a safe spot with them so I'm worried about her moving them around like this. I can help keep her safe, I just wish I could convince her of that. :)

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Sys Admin
  • 12,273 posts
Cats don't always know when they are going to give birth, so that spot probably wasn't her first choice. She has probably found another spot that she feels more comfortable in and won't move the kittens again unless she's forced to. At this point, the only way you can help her is by feeding her, if she'll accept food from you. It's also possible that she's nervous of your dog. Even though you dog is ok with cats, she won't know that and once again, caution will make her take the kittens to a safer place, in her mind.

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• Project Lead
  • 36,935 posts

Mother cats will move their litter if a strange scent shows up in the first week or so.  It's to protect the kittens from strange toms, but it also covers people and dogs.  She won't return to your stairs.

Look around in your yard and be careful about putting out food.  Don't put it near your stairs in case possible predators pick up the kittens' scent.  Because FLORIDA.

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

Magma Golem

• Administrators
  • 12,603 posts
Alright, thanks. I'll keep giving her her space. And I was all ready to help look after them, too!

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• Project Lead
  • 36,935 posts

It does take some time for a cat to choose you as her own personal slave.

• AndalayBay and Sue like this

gallery_2_13_8431.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users