• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[Beta] Oblivion XP Bug Thread

I'm not sure what this means if anything but I just found these lines in the conscribe static log

Error in script 270015ae
Operator := failed to evaluate to a valid result
    File: Oblivion XP.esp Offset: 0x177C Command: Let
Error in script 270015ae
An expression failed to evaluate to a valid result
    File: Oblivion XP.esp Offset: 0x177C Command: Let

Could you check to see if there's an OblivionXP.log in the Conscribe LogsPer-Mod folder? If so, could you please post the contents?

That's the unsupported quest code that's giving that error. But you got points for the quest, so I'm not sure why you're getting that error, unless there was a second unsupported quest that you completed.

There wasn't anything in the per mod log for OblivionXP.  However, I did complete the first two stages of the next quest after completing the first quest and getting experience for that.  I'm thinking that is where those two error messages came from.

Hey, I'm a serial reloader, what can I say? :P

That is really weird. I'm going to have a look at how that quest is coded up because it's as if the quest completion stage fires more than once.

Haha, serial reloader :P That's an interesting way of putting it xD

Yes, it is really weird. I haven't looked at the quest itself at all, so the issue might be with the quest itself :/

Haha, serial reloader :P That's an interesting way of putting it xD

Yes, it is really weird. I haven't looked at the quest itself at all, so the issue might be with the quest itself :/

I've checked and the quest looks like the rest. I've restored one of my old saved games and I'll try playing through the quest again.

There seems to be a problem with the event handler. It should only fire once, but for some reason, it's firing multiple times for that quest. I'll have to raise this as an issue in the OBSE beta thread.

That's correct. From the change log, under 4.2.0:

[*]Changed stealing reward to be based on amount fenced. Note: the ini file has been changed to reflect this.

I received a lot of complaints that it was too easy to exploit stealing, so I've changed it to requiring that you fence the items. This seems to line up better with the effort involved.

Edit: I added the full change log to the OP for reference.

Edited by AndalayBay

@Trademark - Kyoma gave me a "fix" for the event handler firing multiple times. I'm not entirely happy with the fix since it just masks the issue rather than really fixing it, but at least you won't get infinite points for quests anymore.

@Ysne - I don't know why you got that error about the operators failing to yield a valid result. I think it may have been a one-off glitch, but I've added some code to hopefully prevent it from happening again anyway.

I new version will be up shortly.

Underlying issues take time to fix, it doesn't get any more complicated than that as far as I'm concerned and I'm not in a hurry to complete that specific quest at all, so take your time :D

If it helps to improve OBSE, MenuQue or your mod: Yay! xD

Now it's time for bed, I've had way too much to drink...

There may not be anything we can do about it though. The fix would be for me to issue a StopQuest when I detect the run condition, but I'm not sure what the impact would be if Oblivion XP stopped quests. Now these quests have hit the stage that's marked as the quest completion stage. You might consider it a bug that quests aren't stopped automatically when they are completed.

Hey.

Just tried the latest beta, and unfortunately it crashes for me on clicking the levelup button in the stats menu. The stats menu disappears, but the levelup menu doesn't appear and I get a CTD.

I'm using OBSE v21 beta 4 with MenuQue v15 (though I tried to revert to 14a) with Darnified UI.

As far as I'm aware I should have installed everything correctly as explained in the readme file.

I've not actually tried removing every other mod that I have installed, so I might have run into a special conflicting case here.

Here is my current loadorder:

http://pastebin.com/7uNbJGg6

I don't think I have anything that's supposed to conflict with Oblivion XP.

Let me know what additional information is required or if I should check without other mods first. (Bit lazy atm)

The reason I tried the beta was in hope to get around an annoying CTD caused by the DynamicLeveledLists mod with the latest stable release of Oblivion XP upon clicking the "Done" button on the levelup screen. Disabling DLL while leveling up fixes the issue but it'd be nice to have a proper solution. Since this forum seemed to be the most recently active that I found, I thought I'd ask for help here.

I'm havintg the same problem. Crashed at level up every time. I'm not using DynamicLeveledList. Not sure what is causing the problem for me. Here is my load order:

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm01  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 1.34]02  Cobl Main.esm  [Version 1.72]03  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.35Beta]04  Mart's Monster Mod.esm  [Version 3.8b1]05  Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esm  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]06  bookplacing.esm  [Version 1]07  CM Partners.esm08  Knights - Revelation.esm09  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.4.4]0A  DLCShiveringIsles.esp0B  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.2]0C  Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp0D  All Natural.esp  [Version 1.34]0E  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 1.34]++  All Natural - MMM Patch.esp  [Version 1.3]0F  Immersive Interiors.esp  [Version 0.8.1]10  Immersive Interiors - Landscape Addon.esp11  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 1.34]12  Book Jackets Oblivion - BP.esp++  Better Wine SI.esp13  SkinMannequinVan.esp**  VA_BetterGold.esp14  Display Stats.esp  [Version 2.0.1]15  P1DmenuEscape.esp16  Dynamic Map.esp  [Version 2.1.1]17  Enhanced Hotkeys.esp  [Version 2.3.1]**  Book Jackets DLC.esp++  MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp++  CM_Better Wine.esp++  FineWeapons.esp18  JG Elven.esp++  RustyItems.esp19  Shdw_Armor pack01.esp1A  ExnemRuneskulls.esp1B  Magic Spell Perks Balanced.esp1C  Cobl Glue.esp  [Version 1.72]1D  Cobl Si.esp  [Version 1.63]1E  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.35Beta]**  OMOBS_SI.esp  [Version 2.0]1F  Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]++  Mart's Monster Mod - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.8b1]20  Cyrodiil transportation network 1.3.esp21  Kragenir's Death Quest.esp  [Version 2.13]22  GlenvarCastle.esp++  OldwolfLifeLikeStatues.esp23  The Ayleid Steps.esp  [Version 3.6]24  VHBloodlines 1.2.esp  [Version 1.5.6]25  Knights.esp**  Knights - Book Jackets.esp26  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.3]27  Knights - Revelation.esp++  Mart's Monster Mod for OOO - Knights .esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]++  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp28  The Lost Spires.esp29  HoarfrostCastle.esp2A  MannimarcoRevisited.esp2B  MannimarcoRevisitedOOO.esp  [Version 0.1]2C  HeartOftheDead.esp  [Version 6.5]2D  xuldarkforest.esp  [Version 1.0.5]2E  LostSpires-DarkForest patch.esp2F  xulStendarrValley.esp  [Version 1.2.2]30  xulTheHeath.esp31  xulEntiusGorge.esp  [Version 1.2.1]32  xulFallenleafEverglade.esp  [Version 1.3.1]33  LostSpires-Everglade patch.esp34  xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp  [Version 1.2.2]35  xulChorrolHinterland.esp  [Version 1.2.3]36  xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp  [Version 1.6.5]37  xulBravilBarrowfields.esp  [Version 1.3.4]38  xulLushWoodlands.esp  [Version 1.3.2]39  HoarfrostCastle-LushWoodlands patch.esp3A  xulAncientYews.esp  [Version 1.4.4]3B  xulAncientRedwoods.esp  [Version 1.6]3C  xulCloudtopMountains.esp  [Version 1.0.3]3D  xulArriusCreek.esp  [Version 1.1.4]3E  xulPatch_AY_AC.esp  [Version 1.1]3F  HeartoftheDead-ArriusCreek patch.esp40  xulRollingHills_EV.esp  [Version 1.3.3]41  xulPantherRiver.esp42  xulRiverEthe.esp  [Version 1.0.2]43  xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp  [Version 1.1.1]44  xulImperialIsle.esp  [Version 1.6.8]45  xulBlackwoodForest.esp  [Version 1.1.0]46  xulCheydinhalFalls.esp  [Version 1.0.1]47  xulAspenWood.esp  [Version 1.0.2]48  xulSkingradOutskirts.esp  [Version 1.0.2]49  xulSnowdale.esp  [Version 1.0.5]4A  OOO-Snowdale patch.esp  [Version 1.1]4B  xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp  [Version 1.12]4C  OOO-CliffsOfAnvil patch.esp  [Version 1.2]4D  xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp  [Version 1.0.3]4E  xulJerallGlacier.esp  [Version 1.0.1]4F  OOO-JerallGlacier patch.esp  [Version 1.0]50  xulTheEasternPeaks.esp  [Version 1.0]51  KragenirsDeathQuest-UniqueLandscapes Merged patch.esp  [Version 2.0]52  bartholm.esp53  Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp54  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0]++  Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.0.0]55  Automagic Bags.esp  [Version 4.03]56  Banes Guilds UnitedOOO.esp57  HUD Status Bars.esp  [Version 5.3.2]++  Improved Fires and Flames - Increased Sound.esp++  moremerchantmoneyv1.1.esp58  Skill Perk Descriptions.esp  [Version 1.1]59  Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp  [Version 3.2.0]5A  ATakesAll.esp5B  EnchantmentMastery.esp5C  Oblivion XP.esp5D  1em_Vilja.esp  [Version 4.04]++  1em_ViljaCool46g.esp5E  bgBalancingEVCore.esp  [Version 10.52EV-D]5F  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.0]60  bgMagicEV.esp  [Version 1.7EV]++  bgMagicEVStartspells.esp  [Version 1.68EV]61  bgMagicBonus.esp  [Version 1.7EV]++  bgMagicEVAddEnVar.esp  [Version 1.68EV]62  bgMagicAlchemy.esp  [Version 1.57]63  Conjuration Mastery.esp++  bgBalancingEVOptionalFCOMAdditions.esp  [Version 10.]64  bgBalancingEVLAMEAddition.esp  [Version 10.51EV-D]++  bgBalancingEVLAMEGlue.esp  [Version 10.0EV-D1.62EV]65  bgIntegrationEV.esp  [Version 1.0b]**  bgMagicEVShader.esp  [Version 1.7EV]++  bgMagicShaderLifeDetect.esp  [Version 1.68]66  bgMagicLightningbolt.esp67  IntegrationTheStrandedLight-SilverfishRiverValley patch.esp  [Version 1.1]68  IntegrationTheStrandedLight-EasternPeaks patch.esp  [Version 1.1]++  RBP+OCO+Integration.esp  [Version 1.0.2]69  Infernus Warrior mod.esp6A  zzzmyMod.esp6B  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Update: Started a new game with only the unofficial patch, OOO, MMM and Darnified UI mods and I still have the same problem. I am using the latest menuque and the OBSE 21 beta 4. I did use the Display stats obser hotfix file (replaces the obse dlll to v 20 I think). I re-installed the obse v 21 dll file  over the hotfix. It doesn't help. I also checked to make sure I copied all the files from the Darniefied folder to my data folders. The only thing left to try is to uninstall and reinstall oblivion and start fresh to see if that makes a difference.

Edited by Blandings

Let's confirm your installation procedure:1. On a new installation, you need to install your UI first.2. Then install Oblivion XP. You need to install the contents of 01 Core and 02 Darnified UI. I recommend installing 00 Docs as well so that you've got the change log and readme handy.I recommend using Wrye Bash's installer, BAIN. It will track all the files that get installed and will make uninstalling or making adjustments much easier.

Let's confirm your installation procedure:1. On a new installation, you need to install your UI first.2. Then install Oblivion XP. You need to install the contents of 01 Core and 02 Darnified UI. I recommend installing 00 Docs as well so that you've got the change log and readme handy.I recommend using Wrye Bash's installer, BAIN. It will track all the files that get installed and will make uninstalling or making adjustments much easier.

I use BAIN for all my installs. I had Darnified installed already. I installed all the files for 01 Core and 02 Darnified UI. I manualy checked the filed were actually in my Data folders. Two of the xml files from Darnified folder has line on top saying it was modfied for XP so it was easy to check. The thirst file (I thhink skills mene) did not have that line.

On my first try when I had all my other mods active, I was using bashed patch. On the second try when I only had 5 mods active, I was not using based patch. Also, on the second try, I changed the ini file values for base exp needed so I can try level up quickly after killing a few animal. I got enough points after killing the enemies in the tutoria - I tried to level up in the tutorial dungeon after I selected birthsign and class. IT craches my PC and I had to do a manual hard reboot (basically the game screen just froze - didn't CTD to Windows). I am assuming you are not allowed to levelup in the starting dungeon. I restarted and exited the dungeon and tried leveling up .. game crashes.

I did install a new grpahics cards (Geforce 760) in themiddle of the last playthrough and noticed increased amount of desktop craches. I don't think that should affect this mod but Oblivion is a strange beast.

I will try a clean install of Oblivion this morning and run only the unofficial patches, darnified and XP and see if that works. I am hoping the problem is with my OBSE and the dll got corrupted when switched the v21 to v20 (for display mod) and then switched  back to v21 again. Also, just to confirm, the latest menuque version seems to be v 16 which was released a few days ago? Should I use that ot just stick to 14a as it says in the readme?

I would try version 16 of MenuQue because Kyoma added a fix to version 15 that effectively removes the old version of MenuQue. I forgot to mention that if you had an old version of MenuQue, then you might have the old version of the DLL, called Kyoma_OBSE_MenuQue.dll, or something to that effect. That will cause the level up screen to freeze. Kyoma renamed the DLL and since you couldn't even use Wrye Bash to install OBSE plugins until recently, the old version of the DLL wouldn't be removed when you install the new.

So if you have that old DLL in your OBSE plugins folder, that will be the cause of your system freezing when the level up menu is open. Delete the old DLL (the one with kyoma in the name) and you'll be fine.

I'll update the documentation to recommend version 15 or newer. Technically it isn't needed, but there will be problems if people don't delete the old DLL. Kyoma doesn't delete it in version 15, but he replaces it with one that is harmless.

I would try version 16 of MenuQue because Kyoma added a fix to version 15 that effectively removes the old version of MenuQue. I forgot to mention that if you had an old version of MenuQue, then you might have the old version of the DLL, called Kyoma_OBSE_MenuQue.dll, or something to that effect. That will cause the level up screen to freeze. Kyoma renamed the DLL and since you couldn't even use Wrye Bash to install OBSE plugins until recently, the old version of the DLL wouldn't be removed when you install the new.

So if you have that old DLL in your OBSE plugins folder, that will be the cause of your system freezing when the level up menu is open. Delete the old DLL (the one with kyoma in the name) and you'll be fine.

I'll update the documentation to recommend version 15 or newer. Technically it isn't needed, but there will be problems if people don't delete the old DLL. Kyoma doesn't delete it in version 15, but he replaces it with one that is harmless.

The newest version of MenuQue (v16) also has OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll in the package. Reade me just says copy all the files into data folder. Are you saying OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll should not be installed? Or is the new version ok?

The new version is ok. That DLL doesn't do anything. Kyoma would have to build an installer in order to remove the old file, which is a lot of work. So instead he's supplying a dummy DLL that doesn't do anything. This way if you had the old version installed, that DLL would be rendered harmless. You can delete it as well - it doesn't hurt. But it's not necessary now.

So either have the new version replace the old by copying all the files, or delete OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll altogether.

The new version is ok. That DLL doesn't do anything. Kyoma would have to build an installer in order to remove the old file, which is a lot of work. So instead he's supplying a dummy DLL that doesn't do anything. This way if you had the old version installed, that DLL would be rendered harmless. You can delete it as well - it doesn't hurt. But it's not necessary now.

So either have the new version replace the old by copying all the files, or delete OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll altogether.

Level up screen works now. Did a clean install. I'll add in all my other mods and play around and see if I encounter any other issues. I think this is the best levelling system out there. I've tried all the others and there was always one of two things that bothered me about them. Thanks for the work on this.

I'll repeat the announcement from the other thread:

New beta is up: http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/762-oblivion-xp/

I have fixed the infinite point bug and the run-on quest condition that caused it. It turns out the problem was due to a script in the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. Arthmoor is aware of the issue and the UOP will be fixed later in the year. I detect the run-on quest condition and explicitly stop the Sanguine Daedric quest that was causing it.

@Trademark - this is now a complete and proper fix.

New beta is up: http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/762-oblivion-xp/

I have fixed the infinite point bug and the run-on quest condition that caused it. It turns out the problem was due to a script in the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. Arthmoor is aware of the issue and the UOP will be fixed later in the year. I detect the run-on quest condition and explicitly stop the Sanguine Daedric quest that was causing it.

Thanks for that :) Had a quick glance at the UOP esp and spotted the issue as well. I'm not blaming anyone, it's so easy to make these tiny little mistakes! Ah well already upgraded to v4.2.3 and MenuQue v16 :)

Thanks for that :) Had a quick glance at the UOP esp and spotted the issue as well. I'm not blaming anyone, it's so easy to make these tiny little mistakes! Ah well already upgraded to v4.2.3 and MenuQue v16 :)

I'm not even sure it's a mistake. Rather I think it's a lack of documentation. They are issuing a CompleteQuest command. You'd probably look at that and expect that it would complete and STOP the quest. The truth of the matter is that it just causes the quest completion stage to execute again. Since the quest stage still equals or is greater than 100, you have an endless loop. I have found that quests don't stop on their own, so I always put a StopQuest command in the result script of my quest completion stage, but I don't think many people do that. Bethesda certainly doesn't, which is why this is a problem. If they had a StopQuest in the result script, then the CompleteQuest command would behave as expected.

Mhm, I always thought it was fairly common knowledge that Oblivion quests are not automatically stopped and that you need to "help" Oblivion a bit by calling StopQuest. I tend to avoid "CompleteQuest" alltogether. It causes way too much confusion despite it doing exactly what it says it will do. It doesn't really seem useful to me either since we can "complete" quest via a quest stage. "SetStage" isn't that straightforward either seeing as it doesn't really "set" a "stage".

I have a feeling that that bit of code from the UOP is pretty old - probably before the issues with CompleteQuest were discovered and that StopQuest needed to be issued explicitly. That's not Arthmoor's code - I can tell you that much. :D