• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

Help Us Name our new Role Playing Forum!

We'd like to get a role playing forum going and we're looking for your help in naming it and coming up with a setting. We're thinking of having it based in space or in the space-age.

My idea for this is based on the Star Trek Voyager episode called Unimatrix Zero. That might be a little too specific, and could get us in trouble with the Star Trek franchise, but I think you can see the RP possibilities with a setting like that.

Another possibility is a transient wormhole that ships can enter. Passing through the wormhole will teleport the ship to a small system with a beautiful planet to land on. The nature of the planet can vary so that it's always perfect for any species.

I'm just tossing out ideas here. Do you guys have any ideas? And what should we name our new forum?

I think I watch that episode and here is a Star Trek forum that's using some specific names from the TV series, so I think it's okay to have a forum name from a specific episode as long it has non-commercial purposes.

Does the Role Playing forum need to have a name from that particular episode or can it have a name from anything else as long it's about Star Trek?

I'm just thinking that something like that might require someone to introduce the phantasms that people would see. Maybe not. I guess each player could come up with their own fantasies. That would certainly offer lots of possibilities.

Alright, that would work. A general structure may help organizing that. How about this: everything is taking place in some remote star system with the main stuff taking place on some planet. The planet is broken up into different sectors for different purposes or something. The system could have other planets, created as they're convenient or something, for varying story arcs or something.Or is that too complicated?

Alright, that would work. A general structure may help organizing that. How about this: everything is taking place in some remote star system with the main stuff taking place on some planet. The planet is broken up into different sectors for different purposes or something. The system could have other planets, created as they're convenient or something, for varying story arcs or something.Or is that too complicated?

Have you ever read Jack Chaulker's Well World series? Your idea sounds a lot like that.

I don't like how the Assimilation Chronicles as a name forum this Role Playing subforum sounds, because to me it sound kind of strange.  So how about change that to let say Assimilated Chronicles and that's all about isn't it stories to be Assimilated. :)

Here is another suggestion for a forum name - Journey Tales - or similar.