• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkListener34

Opinions about the Civil War; Stormcloaks and the Empire

So I was wondering rather to join the Stormcloaks or the Empire. I did choose the Empire when I first played Skyrim, then second time was to join the Stormcloaks. After I saw both of their opinions or their beliefs. I know that a few  or more Stormcloaks are racists. I've read a lot of comments between the Stormcloaks and the Empire of their own opinions: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/52479/t1736451-stormcloaks-imperials/ I still don't quite get between the two factions and the Thalmor, I did read mostly everything like the dossiers and stuff. I need more opinions about the two factions and why they have this war. I would wanted them to rally up and literally destroy the Thalmor, together and have talos back Which he was a hero, founded the Empire and he was a Dragonborn. Now he's one of the Divines. But like I said I need a lot of opinions, like the Empire is right or the Stormcloaks are right which I don't like racist people.....I rather accept all races.

That entire thing is so underdeveloped. Arthmoor and Thomas Kaira were thinking of overhauling the civil war stuff at one point, but found it was too much of a mess, so they abandoned it.

Basically all you've got is that the Stormcloaks want Skyrim for the Nords and don't want anybody else. The Empire doesn't care. They just want bodies to help them keep Skyrim as part of the Empire. I really don't think there's much more to it than that.

If I was more conversant on lore, I could probably fill in more background for you, but I'm not.

Read up on "The Markarth Incident" - that should more or less explain Ulfric's position nicely.

It boils down to essentially he and the other Stormcloaks hate the Elves and everything they stand for (and hey, he's probably right) and have decided to rise up and liberate Skyrim since the Empire won't do anything about the Thalmor.

On the surface it all seems pretty black & white but it's actually filled with grey. The Empire isn't strictly good, and despite their nationalist tendencies, the Stormcloaks are not stricly bad. Neither side winning the war is deal - the only constant in play is that the Thalmor want it to remain unresolved. For THEIR purposes, someone winning is bad for them.