• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Leonardo

Does anyone know what status TES Cosi has?

I've been wondering what the status TES Cosi has atm and I know Tomlong has done a great job, but it seems to me that nothing much has happen for several months now.

So I wonder has anyone spoke to Tomlong lately or does know what will happen with TES Cosi in the future.  I really wish the contents of TES Cosi doesn't disappear just like what other community sites has over the years.

I know I can send her a PM on BSF and ask her about TES Cosi, but I think it's fruitless when it seems that she hasn't been around for over 6 months.

I'd call it dormant, but it's definitely changed since the last time I saw it.

Best bet, try and contact her. I doubt the information itself has become invalid and perhaps she'll allow it to be transferred to a new host if she's not maintaining it anymore.

I believe Tomlong has moved on to other things, but the maintenance of the site was left with the community. There are some folks on BSF that were maintaining the wiki. You could do a whois on the domain to see when it expires.

Domain Name: TESCOSI.COM   Registrar: NEW DREAM NETWORK, LLC   Whois Server: whois.dreamhost.com   Referral URL: http://www.dreamhost.com   Name Server: NS1.DREAMHOST.COM   Name Server: NS2.DREAMHOST.COM   Name Server: NS3.DREAMHOST.COM   Status: clientTransferProhibited   Updated Date: 26-may-2013   Creation Date: 25-may-2011   Expiration Date: 25-may-2014
As for maintenance, I don't think many (any?) of the pages were actually changed recently. I've just seen bots on the recent changes list.If necessary, I can always grab a copy of all of the pages like I did when the quest list went down. :shrug:

It looks like it's being renewed. I know there were a couple of guys on BSF that were updating the pages. There's one guy that has TESCOSI in his sig, so he might be one of them. Found him: anithinks.

I'd call it dormant, but it's definitely changed since the last time I saw it.

Best bet, try and contact her. I doubt the information itself has become invalid and perhaps she'll allow it to be transferred to a new host if she's not maintaining it anymore.

That was my impression too.

If she has more or less *abandoned* TES Cosi due to RL and TES Cosi need another hosting site I could host TES Cosi on Sovngarde as a last resort, but TBH I think either AFK Mods/TAL/TESA is a better hosting site than Sovngarde is imo.

I don't think it needs to be moved at all. Somebody is renewing that domain and she did arrange the hand-off before she left the community. Basically it's up to the community to update the site and I'm not sure how much there is to say about Oblivion these days.

I could certainly host it if it came to that. I've got a 2 GB Linode that's at about 1% utilization. :D

The reason I mention AFK Mods (hosting UOP), TAL (you still modding it) and TESA (is a well known Oblivion community site) is quite simple, because ALL three site is more or less part of the Oblivion community these days.

If it's being actively supported where it is, there's no need to worry about where it goes. It's a wiki, so if information needs to be updated, do the wiki thing and update it :P

And it's been shut down and I haven't heard from Tomlong yet, she hasn't even logged in since she made the announcement. I've got a backup, though.

Andalay, it's your call, do we want to go ahead and make a new wiki for it and move things over or would you rather wait some more to see if I hear from her?

Perhaps we should start a thread on Beth. Since it was a community wiki, it's probably ok, but I'd like to make sure. We'll have to figure out how to get the data into our wiki software.

Importing is easy. I used the export tool so we just go to Special Pages:Import or something and upload the data dump. :)

Okay on the thread. I'm not sure how to go about doing that, to be honest. :/

Edited by deaths_soul