• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Kyoma

Oblivion XP Level-Up Menu CTD

Posted Image

Thanks for trying to help me! Hopefully this will help.

Edit: I tried uninstalling ObXP through the BAIN installer. This let me level up as is usual in vanilla Oblivion. I then reinstalled ObXP. Crash on level up again! 

Edited by MechP

Which version of OBSE and MenuQue are you using? OBSE should be version 21 and MenuQue should be 16b.

I need to fix up my vanilla install of Oblivion. Once I've got that working, I'll check through the installed files and get back to you on that.

I'm using OBSE 21 and MenuQue 16b (I accidentally said OBSE 16b in my first post!). Thanks for taking the effort! If it changes anything, now that I've reinstalled ObXP (and remade my Bashed Patch etc) it it freezes rather than crashes. Before, it would CTD, but now the game just freezes, not responding, and I have to end-task from Task Manager to get out.

I may have found what's causing this CTD.

I downloaded the OBSEcrashdump then I open it Notepad++ and found this "Compiled script not saved!" in line 165, so I suspect that OBSE is not working properly if the "Compiled script not saved!" is what I think it is.

Have you tried to reinstall OBSE and have also tried to reinstalled MenuQue too?

You need to look at the crash dump in Visual Studio. My husband owns VS professional, so I'll take a look later. Compiled script not saved is a pretty standard message actually.It wouldn't hurt to reinstall OBSE and MenuQue, but since the game is basically working, I don't think it's an issue with either of those.

Ok, I took a look at this with my vanilla game. I can't replicate the crash, so there seems to be something with your game that's causing the crash. All the files in your menu folder are correct. Have you set up archive invalidation? I think you must have with that load order, but that's the only thing I can think of.

If you've set that up already, then you might try installing Darnifed UI. If you do install Darnified, then you'll need to reinstall Oblivion XP, Enhanced Economy and possibly Dynamic Map. Also, you don't need the UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix or the Oblivion Citadel Door Fix - those are both available as Bash tweaks. Also, your UOP is old - you should update it and the Official Mods version. Lastly, make sure you configure Enhanced Economy to make it work with Ob XP - have a look at the Ob XP readme for instructions in the mod compatibility section.

Hi there. I realize this thread is older, so I apologize for dragging it up again. I've created an account here specifically to get help as I'm experiencing the Oblivion XP level-up CTD problem and can't seem to get it sorted out on my own. I've scoured the internet and read this thread very carefully over and over again and tried following all the advice already listed here for others but am not having any luck. 

I'm using Wrye Bash to manage my installs and BOSS to manage the load order. I am using the most recent versions of everything pertinent: Oblivion XP 4.2.4, OBSE 21, and MenuQue 16b. I have very few other mods installed: the three unofficial mods, Archery Rebalance, CM Partners, Better Cities, and Oblivion Crash Protection. I was very very careful about the order I installed everything, making sure XP was dead last. I also was super careful about my load order, dragging XP to the bottom manually after it set the order to try and prevent conflicts. I've also made sure to rebuild the bashed patch after all the mods are in and selected. XP is also successfully initializing in game.

I'm still having the crash issue and am kind of starting to lose my mind. The screen goes sepia like it wants to open the leveling menu, but then immediately crashes to desktop everytime. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything like 5 times. No luck. Something interesting I have noticed is that no matter what order my installs and mod loading is in, after every crash the Oblivion XP install icon in Wrye Bash is always yellow, indicating something is being overwritten. I suspect this may be part of the issue, but as of yet have been unable to figure out the exact right order to install/load everything to prevent this from happening. 

Ive attached screenshots of my installs and mods in Wrye as well as the OBSE crash dump log. Any help or insight anyone can give me is SUPER appreciated. I just want to play the game :(

post-5244-0-35407600-1417296381_thumb.jpg

post-5244-0-90887100-1417296381_thumb.jpg

post-5244-0-29495500-1417296380_thumb.jpg

OBSECrashDump.rar

Edited by suprnvachk

Your problem is weOCPS. Up until a few minutes ago, I had some comments pinned at the top of the Nexus comments thread that told people not to use weOCPS. It's not compatible with the newer versions of OBSE and it doesn't prevent crashes, it just hides them. As you've discovered, it's not even capable of hiding them anymore. :)

I really wish we could get weOCPS removed, but the Nexus folks would probably be hesitant to do that. I guess I can try asking them anyway.

I notice a few things about your loadorder.

1 - I'm pretty sure that some esp for the CM-Partners Basic Mod needs to be either merged or imported into the bashed patch, and if I'm not mistaken you should also move OblivionXP one slot up above the bashed patch not to have it loaded last

2 - The UOP Vampire Aging &  Face Fix.esp and the Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp (I don't use them) is more or less obsolete since both of them already exist as tweaks in Wrye Bash and all they do is to decrease the amount of free slots

3 - Have you checked for updates for the Better Cities mod and I think Vorians have mirrored everything here both released versions and updates?

Yes, further to Leonardo's comments, once you've removed weOCPS and updated BC (it is available here), use BOSS to sort your load order. It will put everything in the right order for you. I always recommend that when people are having problems and I find it usually fixes them. :)

Holy Sweet Leveling Action Batman. It worked!! I removed weOCPS, unchecked the citadel door and vampire face fix, reran the XP wizard, rebuilt the bashed patch, and gave BOSS one more whirl and BAM! I checked to make sure I have the most recent Better Cities update (5.5.3a), and I do, so I didn't mess with that.

Yeah, I can't understand why that weOCPS mod is still being circulated for use if its not compatible with OBSE and so many mods use that. Dang, wish I'd known that before. Thanks for your help folks. Hooray for playing! 

I've submitted a report. If any of you have had problems with weOCPS, please report the file. Nexus won't remove it based on a couple of reports - we need several people to complain.

Hi everyone,

I've logged a few hundred hours on Oblivion in total, and I suppose I'm fairly savvy about the modding process by now. It's great to find a site like this where people consistently seem polite and helpful. I've just started a new playthrough and this time I have decided to go with OOO and MMM, Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul and Oblivion XP. At first, this seemed like asking for trouble, but there seem to be lots of posts that claim these mods can play nicely together. So far, so good. Until ... the dreaded CTD on level up. I was using Dark DarnUi, so I switched to DarnUI and started a new game. I am using version 4.2.4 of ObXP, I used BOSS to sort the load order,  I rebuilt my bashed patch and I have tried a variety of .ini tweaks and other solutions that I have read online. Hopefully, someone here can offer me a suggestion. I'm happy to post whatever is necessary to sort it out

Thanks, 

LdF

First, please try your game without Oblivion XP installed. That's a large load order and I'd like to verify that DarkUId DarN or DarNified UI are working first.

So, uninstall Oblivion XP completely. Then reinstall your UI - DarkUId DarN or DarNified UI. You need to reinstall your UI unless you are using BAIN to install your mods. Even if you are using BAIN, you should anneal the UI package to make sure all the menus have been reset.

What Anda said.  May I also suggest that you install OblivionXP without modifying any .ini files just to narrow down to what's causing your CTD.

I would advice you to never switch to another UI mod after you have installed a mod especially UI mods in OBMM.