• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Visceral Moonlight

"Bad" Movie Suggestions

While I still have my fever, I'm gonna watch the Dark is Rising movie.

It's an incredibly horrible adaptation of my favorite childhood book.

I am afeared.

I read the trilogy that starts with the Dark is Rising as a child and an adult - they were good.  If my memory is working correctly, the author is Susan Cooper.

It's a shame it doesn't work well as a film.

There's actually five books and you should read them all!  They're really beautiful, well written, and especially good if you have an interest in Arthurian/Pagan legend.

I once lent my copies to a friend.  Her mom brought them back, and apparently railed at my mom for letting me read horrible heathen novels and infecting her pure, innocent daughter.

My mother's response?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmNYGzophOw

Ha ha!  Good for Mum :D

Oooh!  5 books?!  I shall look the others up.  I've a feeling I've got the first 3 boxed away right now (ran out of space on my book/film case)

I have been for a few minutes thinking how to properly introduce the following video, but I think there is not a better explanation (or any normal one) than the video itself...

(spoiler alert)

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

For those who liked the "Hunger Games" films/books, there are already two film parodies of the first one. Both of them are very bad movies, but I must confess I like to watch bad humor films (Date Movie, Meet the Spartans, Vampire Sucks, etc etc).

The Hungover Games:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

The Starving Games:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Only recommended when you are extremely bored...

Ohh, I have seen the trailer of Thumb Wars right now, those eye and lips montages make me feel scared! Just like that annoying orange on Youtube, it is so weird!

For the Meet the Spartans part I feel the same, it was a funny movie in my opinion but it wasn´t for most people. I remember that the idea to go to the cinema to see it was mine. I think that day I lost some friends... :X

So smart people like us will probably be the only ones that could enjoy a so stupid movie, you know... :whistle:

Mostly they are all from the same guys: Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer.

I liked a bit: Date Movie, Meet the Spartans, Vampire Sucks.

I didn´t liked much: Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, The Starving Games.

And it looks like they are going to release this year two another parodies, one about Too Fast Too Furious and another about The Hangover(?)

They are all from a bunch of different producers. Even 20th Century Fox produced Vampire Sucks and Meet the Spartans, and Lionsgate did it with Disaster Movie.