• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Visceral Moonlight

"Bad" Movie Suggestions

Zogi, the High Priest: Do you, Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe, take this Earthling Dale Arden, to be your Empress of the Hour?

The Emperor Ming: Of the hour, yes.

Zogi, the High Priest: Do you promise to use her as you will?

The Emperor Ming: Certainly!

Zogi, the High Priest: Not to blast her into space?

[Ming glares at Zogi]

Zogi, the High Priest: Uh, until such time as you grow weary of her.

The Emperor Ming: I do.

Dale Arden: I do NOT!

That's the kind of dialogue that the whole movie contains. :P

There's...two "movies" that I can think of that are technically canon.  One is the movie with the 8th Doctor.  The second is a two-part special called "Dimensions in Time" which is even worse.

And then there's the two with Peter Cushing...

Tonight's poison: Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death.

It's as bad as it sounds. The lead character is a feminist, played by a former Playboy Bunny. Her sidekick is a stereotypical ditz named Bunny. Their guide is a bumbling Indy-esque character played by Maher.

The plot closely follows Apocalypse Now, more than it follows its source material, Heart of Darkness. The villian is even named Kurtz!

Basically think Apocalypse Now with a cast of 2 bumblers and Sarah Conner set in the Amazon and you've got this movie. They even ran the Bugs Bunny gag where they toss the guy in a hot tub and start making soup.

It was a comedy but it was downright terrible. The jokes were horrendous. There was a tribe of males who kept from getting eaten by making potholders. Yes, potholders. All throughout the movie, they ran the music from 2001: A Space Odyssey. It was a very strange film. My palm and face are currently red from the amount of facepalms.

Yes, I had to watch it. :D

I am watching Sharknado right now. It is really really really really really bad. I think a third grader with a plastic shark would do a better job of the special effects. Oh and let's not forget the human moments. Anyway for some reason I'm still watching it. I guess I'm curious about just how bad this thing is going to get. :P

But sharks don't swim in columns! All different species heading in a straight line. They don't flop around on land. They don't jump out of the water to attack people. AND THEY SURE AS HELL DON'T JUMP OUT OF THE WATER AND GRAB A ROPE WITH THEIR TEETH!!!!!

It's really bad. Apparently tornadoes can carry them around in circles and they will gobble up any humans in their way. Oh, and previously gobbled humans stay alive in their stomachs so that when the hero is gobbled, he can use a chainsaw to cut his way out, along with the previously gobbled person. Yup.

Is that a channel or a streaming service? Closest thing I've heard of is the channel we've got that just plays NASA related programs. They actually have some rather interesting programs from time to time. I'm not just listening to old mission recordings! :P

Ah, okay. I don't think we get that where I am, unless it was added since I last had full cable a few years ago.

Do you guys also have SciFi/SyFy? That's very similar to their lineup and I'm wondering if it's not the same channel under a different name.