Photo

[WIPz] And Now for Something Slightly Different...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,187 posts
Introduction

What do you get when deaths_soul comes up with a mod idea and mentions it to AndalayBay? Two people who come up with a mod that's a little different. And a little weird. And hopefully a little funny. Then you add in more creative ideas from Sue and Amadaun and you've got a strange brew. Whoops, wrong reference. ;)

And Now for Something Slightly Different... is a quest mod for Skyrim. It's going to feature between 10 and 20 independent quests. You'll find the quests through various means: by talking to NPC's, reading posters, random encounters, etc. We'll be adding a small town and a few dungeons and caves. We'll also use existing locations.

Follow our Progress
This project is hosted here on The Assimilation Lab where we'll try to post regular progress updates. We'll be posting up screenshots and concept art once development gets underway. Currently we're writing up the quests.

Team
deaths_soul
AndalayBay
Sue

This is a work of fiction and any similarity to actual people or events is purely the result of one's imagination. The monkeys? Very much intended. In fact, the mod wouldn't exist without the team of monkeys at the keyboard.

• Amadaun, SilentSpike, mizreg and 1 other like this

SilentSpike

SilentSpike

Crazed Rubber Ducky of Horseshoe Eating

• 69 posts

Will keep an eye on this :)

Give me a shout if there's anything I can do to help, I don't want to commit to anything but I like to lend a hand to people.

mizreg

mizreg

Amoeba

• 6 posts
Very interesting..

Also: ''This is a work of fiction and any similarity to actual people or events is purely the result of one's imagination. The monkeys? Very much intended. In fact, the mod wouldn't exist without the team of monkeys at the keyboard.'' XD

Sorry for the double post :S

Edited by deaths_soul, 20 February 2014 - 10:13 PM.

anonimousone

anonimousone

Amoeba

• 5 posts

any new? :P

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,187 posts
Not at the moment. I've had some recent computer issues and the new one I'm trying to build hasn't been going well (hopefully that streak ends soon). However, I have been getting more ideas together that we can work with. :)

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 10,983 posts

Yeah we've got lots of ideas, we just need someone named DS to finish his damned computer build and start coding them up! :P

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Schtearn

Schtearn

Bean Bag Chair

• 961 posts

A strange brew. Whoops, wrong reference. ;)

If in a pot a well hung reference. :P

(Dust away the cobwebs) What's the ETA?

I'm Borg! I'm Chairman of the Borg! -Iggy & the Assimilation Pops

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,187 posts
No ETA yet, I've had too much going on lately to sit down and learn Skyrim modding but it's still on the table. :)

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 10,983 posts

Actually I did come up with another quest idea the other day and have posted that to the team area. But yeah, we haven't actually started any coding yet.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Schtearn

Schtearn

Bean Bag Chair

• 961 posts

Throwing in some names for sub-projects (just joshing but can't help it):  :fun:

Spoiler

I'm Borg! I'm Chairman of the Borg! -Iggy & the Assimilation Pops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users