Visceral Moonlight

Games on Sale

Sounds like the wrong question. You should be asking about experience with AC4, and whether AC4 is worth getting uPlay for. I can't answer as I've never played an Assassin's Creed title.

UPlay is just another digital platform, so it's much like Steam and Origin. If you've used one, you've used them all.

Are you ever going to play a recent Ubisoft game?  All new ones require UPlay.  Far Cry series...?  Excellent games, they are.  I recommend you get it.

Yes Vorians, that's essentially what I meant. I was also wondering if anyone had any privacy/security concerns or bad experiences with UPlay itself, as I haven't even heard of it before. Should have phrased it better I guess. If it's just another platform like Steam & Origin, I guess I have an idea what to expect.

Thank you all for the input! I played the original Assassins Creed on XB360 a long while back. I liked the storyline, but didn't care for the gameplay, and wound up trading it in for something else at my local game store. I still remember the clerk's shocked expression. LOL  With all the sequels that have been released and their popularity, I've been considering trying the series again. I think I'll give it a go. :)

Edit: Yeesh! Average d/l speed ~350Kbps, with Free Download Manager & 10 connections! Guess they are like Steam. Took me 17 hours to download SSE from Steam, on an otherwise pretty decent internet connection.

Edited by RavenMind

I downloaded and installed it ok, but it hangs when I try to create an account. It wanted to share my info with selected third parties and I want to disable that. I’ll try again later.

@RavenMind, you might like the gameplay on PC better. I think we bought it for PS4 and we didn’t like it. Mind you, I’m a keyboard and mouse person. :P

Yeah, I'm very much a mouse 'n' keyboard person too. That may have had a lot to do with it; I really don't remember.

I got Uplay downloaded & installed, and was able to create an account. Apparently most of the settings are only visible via their website, which threw an error every time I tried to log in with the newly created account. I could change passwords fine, but their login page just throws a generic error. Blows me away that in this day & age they'll only allow up to a 16 character password, without any special characters! :o Cracked in 5..4..3..2..1...

10 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Yeah I had to go to the website to try to create an account there. It thinks my name has been taken already! I’ll try using my other email address and see if that works.

I'll have to try that. :/

Got mine! :D Finally.. Sheesh, couldn't log into my account via the web with FF57. Just kept spitting a generic error. Disabled uBlock & other security/privacy extensions, disabled FF's "security" blocking feature, cleared cache, & accepted cookies (:X). Nada. Created a new account under a different name/email, still couldn't log in. Finally switched over to Pale Moon, and BAM, I'm in. I thought I'd become used to the new FF, but it's really ****ing me off! Oh well, time to try a new game! Yay! :)

You haven't missed it, still on offer until 18th December. In uPlay, click Assassin's Creed at the top of the screen (left side of the screen, beside Shop), then when it displays their AC promotion, click "Free Game Assassin's Creed Black Flag" in the upper centre. Scroll down about two screen heights, and there's a red button "GRAB YOUR FREE COPY".

It was easier to find yesterday, there was a banner promoting the giveaway on the News page (which displays on launching uPlay).

Meanwhile, on GOG:

Grim Fandango Remastered being given away free. This is a really funny game, totally worth grabbing if you like point & click games filled with humour.

Also on GOG Connect, you can grab another batch of games if you already own them on Steam, including Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and Homeworld Remastered Collection.

And then if you want to actually spend some money instead of grabbing the freebies, GOG has begun their Winter Sale. If you spend a certain amount (£11.39 in British currency) during the sale you get Hard West free, and if you spend nearly three times more than that amount (£30.39 in British currency), you get Master of Orion free.

1 hour ago, AndalayBay said:

Aha! I was trying to get it from the website. It's right in the middle of the screen in Uplay.

Thanks V.

Maybe the only reason I no longer see the banner on the News page is because I already claimed it and uPlay saw this so suppressed free offerings of an already owned game. Now go to GOG and get the free games there too!

15 hours ago, RavenMind said:

Got mine! :D Finally.. Sheesh, couldn't log into my account via the web with FF57. Just kept spitting a generic error. Disabled uBlock & other security/privacy extensions, disabled FF's "security" blocking feature, cleared cache, & accepted cookies (:X). Nada. Created a new account under a different name/email, still couldn't log in. Finally switched over to Pale Moon, and BAM, I'm in. I thought I'd become used to the new FF, but it's really ****ing me off! Oh well, time to try a new game! Yay! :)

FF 57.0.2--all went smooth as ice.  Someone didn't want you getting AC IV for free.

I've to play AC II now--all installed, just need to launch.  I have Revelations too.  Next I must get III...

3 hours ago, Malonn said:

FF 57.0.2--all went smooth as ice.

Exact version I'm on. I must've had some security setting going that the page didn't like. Guess I shouldn't blame FF for something I probably did. :P