• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Linode Critical Maintenance   01/10/2018

Phase 1 is complete. There will be a second round once Linode gets a patch. I have updated the forum thread -  please see my post here.
Visceral Moonlight

Games on Sale

12 hours ago, RavenMind said:

Exact version I'm on. I must've had some security setting going that the page didn't like. Guess I shouldn't blame FF for something I probably did. :P

Yeah, or maybe a addon/extension?  Some can be intrusive to the way a web page is supposed to behave.

You're probably right. I have been having problems with uBlock Origin since the WebEx update. I can't get the element picker to work, context menu "block element" doesn't work. Website elements that never used to be blocked before are now blocked with no way to un-block them without disabling uBlock for the site. All under the same config settings. Grr. I'd just use uMatrix, but I'm too lazy to go in and fine tune everything for every single site I visit that it breaks.  Some time even tech savvy guys "just want it to work". :P

19 hours ago, RavenMind said:

You're probably right. I have been having problems with uBlock Origin since the WebEx update. I can't get the element picker to work, context menu "block element" doesn't work. Website elements that never used to be blocked before are now blocked with no way to un-block them without disabling uBlock for the site. All under the same config settings. Grr. I'd just use uMatrix, but I'm too lazy to go in and fine tune everything for every single site I visit that it breaks.  Some time even tech savvy guys "just want it to work". :P

Could be.  I'm running uBlock too, but have not noticed a single problem.  NoScript can really mess with a page.  But, last time I was on the extensions site NoScript hadn't been updated for the new addons format.

I used NoScript years ago & found it too cumbersome. Then Steve Gibson from the Security Now podcast talked about several fundamental problems with it. I can't recall what they were, but that was enough to convince me to stop using it and try Adblock Plus, then uBlock. I've been quite happy with uBlock for the last couple of years. It wasn't until after the FF Quantum update that I started having problems with it. Not having the same problems with it in Palemoon. *shrug* I don't know, maybe a fresh user profile, or clean install will clear things up since I can't seem to find the cause on my own. I imagine if it were doing this for everyone that there'd be a bunch of posts about it. Maybe I'll try NoScript again & see if I can get the settings right this time. Thinking about trying Waterfox since it supports the old & new types of extensions. I'm a little leery of a browser that's maintained by just one person though.

5 hours ago, Vorians said:

Humble Bundle is giving away Company of Heroes 2.

Thanks! Heading over there now. :D

15 hours ago, RavenMind said:

I used NoScript years ago & found it too cumbersome. Then Steve Gibson from the Security Now podcast talked about several fundamental problems with it. I can't recall what they were, but that was enough to convince me to stop using it and try Adblock Plus, then uBlock. I've been quite happy with uBlock for the last couple of years. It wasn't until after the FF Quantum update that I started having problems with it. Not having the same problems with it in Palemoon. *shrug* I don't know, maybe a fresh user profile, or clean install will clear things up since I can't seem to find the cause on my own. I imagine if it were doing this for everyone that there'd be a bunch of posts about it. Maybe I'll try NoScript again & see if I can get the settings right this time. Thinking about trying Waterfox since it supports the old & new types of extensions. I'm a little leery of a browser that's maintained by just one person though.

Yeah, I had a NoScript period of my life too a while back.  It was just a pain in the butt.  Won't run it again...

Waterfox?  Interesting.  I shall ask my friend Google what he knows about it.

Humble Bundle is giving away Layers of Fear on Steam (including the game's soundtrack DLC).

Also, on uPlay there's another chance to get Watch Dogs, World in Conflict and Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag for free.

Today only (I assume one of the US time zones, don't know when the day started or when it will finish) you can get Kingdom: Classic free on Steam. As in, ON Steam, so go to the store page on Steam and click Install Game to add it to your library.

If you like point & click games, drop everything and run to Indie Gala, they have a new bundle priced at a mere £3, and it contains 9 point & click games - 5 of which were on my Steam wishlist, I'm so happy! Also had a 66% coupon for another game from my wishlist, so I bought that too! Link here.

Games are (first five were on my wishlist, next two I already owned):

Deponia Doomsday

Silence

Kelvin and the Infamous Machine

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition

Yesterday Origins

The Journey Down: Chapter Two

Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders

Odysseus Kosmos & His Robot Quest

Super Turbo Demon Busters!

66% coupon for Beholder (redeemable only on Indie Gala, valid until 29th January)

If you use the Beholder coupon, then you'll also get a free random game (probably not a very good one) as part of their winter sale deal (you have to click, hold and drag the coin across the banner as if it were a scratch card to reveal the free game)