• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
  • 2,103 posts

This is where we can post up any screenshots for promotional reasons: Public Gallery.

My own BM Photobucket account is here: http://s434.photobuc...me/Ibsen3/index . Feel free to browse it.

I can also report that the following is complete on the project to date, bearing in mind that the 'beta regions' refers to half of our map and will comprise the beta release and that there are other areas beyond these regions that are also complete to some extent, like Lilmoth city:

Regions - the Naga-Cradle Jungle, the Rottmere Everglades, the Parchlands, Darkmoor, Reaven Fenlands and Blackwood are all generated and have been landscaped whilst the Arnesian Jungle, Vudai Marsh, Murkwood, Talu Swamps, The Wamasus Hills and Throttlemesh Myre have all been generated and only partly landscaped. Only the East Coast needs to be finalised.

Towns and Cities - Three cities are either 100% complete or close enough whereas all settlements in the beta regions (about half of the map) are done.

Dungeons - We currently have about 23 complete or almost-complete dungeons with perhaps some more in development. The tilesets consist of:

[*]Dead Rootworm Tunnels (BM-specific)
    [*]Mossy Ruins (BM-specific)
    [*]Mossy Caves (BM-specific)
    [*]Hist Shrines (although they may need to be adapted)
    [*]The 'Hist Dimension' itself might also be classified as a dungeon. One area is complete and the design work has been done.
    [*]Vanilla dungeons such as forts and possibly the Gideon sewers.
    [*]Sachiel's rootworm burrows tileset
    [/list]

Interiors - Only some towns remain without completed interiors with NPCs to match. However, the following do remain to be completed within the beta regions:

[*]Gideon Interiors - all but one is completed (the player home)
      [*]Chasepoint Interiors - around 3-4
      [*]All upper district interiors in Soulrest including the Castle / mansion
      [*]Some other assorted interiors
      [/list]

AI and Pathing - A small-ish selection remains to be done for the beta but pathing has been created for the exterior in the Westenmost sections of the map to enable wandering creatures.

Quests - 11 quests completed. A main quest has been established but, like other Faction questlines, will be only partly complete in the beta. There are various faction-questlines to work on and some mini-quests.

Concept Art - Lots available but always needed.

Books - At least 100 but always needed.

Models - Vast amounts too numerous to mention, many of them exclusive to BM.

Sound - An (almost) complete soundtrack composed by Xae.

Voices - None yet. These will be added later.

Edited by Ibsen's Ghost, 14 November 2013 - 07:09 PM.

• MacKlaud likes this
Cunning Linguist & Lizard King (Black Marsh Team Lead)

Posted Image

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
  • 2,103 posts

I really should make more use of our public forums to show progress. Most of our latest information can be found on our Facebook site but here are some screenshots what has been developed recently: six shots of the new region, Reaven Fenlands.

Edited by AndalayBay, 15 August 2013 - 01:35 PM.

Posted Image

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
  • 2,103 posts

Another rare use of this thread by me (I really should do more promo stuff), just to report that the final regions are due to be completed, the dungeons are more or less complete and I'm just needing work on the quests to finish things off.  In the meantime, my duties will involve the following:

[*]Error checking
    [*]Making minor adjustments to settlements beyond the beta regions e.g. Lilmoth
    [*]Releasing our creatures into the wilderness
    [*]Possibly adding Murkwood and Helstrom, depending on how much or little I have to do of the above
    [/list]

I may also release the claims for settlements outside of the beta region.  It would be a shame not to make use of our Dunmer assets for the likes of Thorn, especially now that the Eastern Coast is close to completion.  However, it's not a top priority and no one's going to get the claim unless they finish the job with full interiors, NPCs and cluttering because I'm not clearing up after anyone else. :angry:

Posted Image

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts
We have been very remiss in updating this thread! :blush:

We do have a ton of progress to report. Where do I begin... How about alphabetical order?

[*]Arthmoor opened the cities for us and provided us with a travel network. I can only say that the travel network is unique and does not use carriages. :P
    [*]David Brasher has joined the team and is churning out quests faster than Ibsen can write them. He has also implemented crime processing and creature spawns.
    [*]Ibsen's Ghost continues to polish off the dungeons, write quests, do landscaping... Anything that needs doing really.
    [*]JetpackAngel continues to add cluttering and finishing off the interiors.
    [*]Sandor has rejoined the team to complete the region generation. He has also provided me with a ton of assistance and instruction on the use of TES4Gecko. The Black Marsh plugin is now load order independent and has complete LOD.
    [*]With Vorians help I got the local map for Black Marsh working and have created a world map as well.
    [/list]We still don't have a release date because there is just so much work to do! But things are definitely coming together.

For those of you who are looking to do some testing, we need to get the second quest in the main quest coded up, which lays down the foundation for everything else. David is working on coding up the second quest now.
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
  • 2,103 posts

Nice work, AB.  And thanks for taking control! ;)

Posted Image

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts

Another update. With shadeMe's assistance, I was able to create a Coda script to fix the floating trees in the eastern regions, which is an artefact of the region generation process. When I asked Ibsen if he would like me to proceed with running this script, he replied:

Wow!  You're kidding me!?! So you're asking me, "would you like me to automatically position all of those trees so as to eliminate all such floating items in one fell swoop without painstakingly adjusting every single one as I have been doing since time immemorial as BM leader?"  Bearing in mind that such things are precisely what persuaded me that a full, non-beta version of BM would be impossible because I might just force my face through a grinder in the mere consideration of such mind-numbing tedium. Is the Pope Catholic?  Does the Earth revolve around the sun?  Do I enjoy food, health, spare time and happiness?  If the answer is yes, MAKE IT SO!!! Such a script almost instantly solves all landscaping worries and burns a hole in my brain, prompting me to think that if this is possible then I can sort out almost every single region for the beta without too much hassle at all (except perhaps the Mangroves that add need to be hand-placed and perhaps some aspects of Murkwood).

That has to be the best response ever! :rofl: What does that mean? Now all of Black Marsh will be playable, instead of just the western portion of the province. We won't have much content in the east, but there will be a few things and there are wilderness critters who will be awaiting your arrival. ;)

• Amadaun, Ibsen's Ghost and JetpackAngel like this
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
  • 2,103 posts

It's pretty damn awesome news, especially as I love the wilderness more than any other part of the mod. :banana:

• JetpackAngel likes this

Posted Image

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts

Work continues in the East! Thomas Kaira has returned and will be creating a new dungeon with a mini quest. And I'm still working on the landscaping in the eastern regions - Lilmoth in particular. Previously Lilmoth was just a skeleton - it will be a full city now. :) Once I've done a bit more work, I'll get some screenshots uploaded.

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
  • 2,103 posts

I noticed that there are still people checking out this thread so I figured it desperately needed an update in the OP.  This is now done.

Posted Image

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts
Another update:If you missed it in the other thread in this forum, we're working towards releasing an alpha by the end of the month. I'm still working towards that goal and hope to meet the deadline.I've just finished getting our ridable mounts working. There are no horses in Black Marsh, but that doesn't mean you'll be walking or running everywhere. The mounts will be free for the taking in the alpha, but they'll be for sale in the beta. In addition to critters for you to ride, we have a travel network (courtesy of Arthmoor) that will take you to the major cities for a fee.We'll post details about the alpha and how to sign up to participate once it's released.
  • Rubicon and MacKlaud like this

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts
A bit of bad news: I won't be able to release the alpha this weekend. I have made good progress, but I've had a lot of fixes to do. I'll post another update once I have a better feel for how much longer I think it's going to be. I'd like to say a week at most, but it's already taken a little longer than I expected. I'm terrible at giving estimates!

Here is the scope of the alpha:

[*]Six quests. First two quests in main quest line, first quest in Hist Tribes quest line, first quest in Shadowscales quest line, first quest in Trillium Magnata quest line, first miscellaneous quest.
    [*]Entire province to explore. There are nasty creatures to be found throughout entire province.
    [*]Western cities fully populated. Lilmoth exists but doesn't have any interiors and the only NPC's will be a couple of guards. Soulrest needs a few interiors as well. Those will come in the beta.
    [*]Travel network to take you to the major cities for a fee.
    [*]Free mounts for you to ride.
    [*]Inn rooms for rent if I have time to code up the quest. If not, I'll make one or two inn rooms available for free.
    [/list]In addition to that, David has already coded up five more quests, but I haven't had a chance to check them and merge them into the master. That will probably have to wait for the beta.

So the alpha is more about missing content than game breaking bugs. :) In fact there shouldn't be any game breaking bugs at all. I have been running with Black Marsh in my load order for quite a while. Most of the bugs are cosmetic. There are a lot of NPC's that need to have their AI packages fixed, so they aren't going about their daily routines. We're still fiddling with the monsters too and not all of our nasties have been added to the game world yet.

I'll post the details on how you can participate in the alpha once I've released it.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts
I had a family emergency this past week which has meant that I've done very little modding. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to work next week.I am pleased to report that Deeza has returned and has begun work on Archon and Thorn. These are two eastern towns that haven't been developed yet. They probably won't be in the alpha, but they should be in the beta.

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
  • 2,103 posts

Go Deeza!  :banana:

I hope things resolve favourably for Christmas, AB.

• Rubicon likes this

Posted Image

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
  • 2,103 posts

I'd just like to publically thank AndalayBay for pretty much taking over during this period of time.

I've been moving house whilst being under inspection at work during one of the busiest times at work so there's been virtually zero time to so much as look at BM.

Thanks, AB.  You've been a rock!

Posted Image

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts

I'd just like to publically ..

Ibsen, for being a teacher... your spelling is atrocious! :lmao:

You're welcome IG. Glad to be finally in here and getting things finished up.

Still working on getting things done for the alpha. Got some screenshots to share:

Posted Image

If you click on that image, you'll find more images of Chasepoint in our gallery.

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
  • 2,103 posts

Sweet!  But you should know better than to challenge my spelling capabilities.

Posted Image

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts

Yeah, but is it Oxford English? :D

DoZeNt

DoZeNt

Krill

• 41 posts

Chasepoint looks very good these days :D

by the way, Happy New Year everybody!

I close my eyes, Inis Mona
And reminisce of those palmy days
I moon o'er you, Inis Mona
As long as I breathe
I'll call you my home

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
    ▼▲
  • 12,106 posts
Happy New Year Doz! We're still working on the alpha. Ibsen has returned and just finished fixing up Seafalls. I'm still going through the quests and fixing up stuff related to them, including NPC's and cities.

Ibsen's Ghost

Ibsen's Ghost

Marine Iguana

• Black Marsh
  • 2,103 posts

Happy new year, Doz!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users