• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Ibsen's Ghost

Progress Thread

After a lot of trial and error with "just for fun" project, I do have a solid grasp on UV Mapping...so in a week or two I'll probably re-do the frog's map for symmetry so designs can be added to it.

I've updated our FB page with puddles' latest work (again, much appreciated!).  I am about halfway through Quest 2 of the Sotho Tren questline and really quite enjoying myself with it.  The only problem is the sheer length of time it takes to write these things up...but I'm getting there bit-by-bit.

I've been procrastinating for months on just adding racial greetings to one of my mods just because of how tedious it is and me being the only one to do it...full-fledged quest dialogue and journal entries is a total nightmare even further. X__x I admire your tenacity. Meanwhile I have the new frogs done, just forgot to upload them.

---

Edit: Uploaded to the download area. The dummy .esp has a LL for Raw Frog Legs and Frog Tongues ingredients to death-drop. I included a soundset for them, but for whatever reason they never seemed to make any noise when I tested them briefly in-game...either way, they're more-or-less done. If someone wants to change the texture, I can upload the un-collapsed .pdn file for editing.

Edited by puddles

Yes, I think the biggest downside to modding is the tedium.  You have to balance your creativity with a real tolerance for it.  I can do that but my struggle in recent years is finding the time in the first place.

Thanks for the frogs.  I'm continuing to upload shots of your work to the FB page.  There's much appreciation! B-)

Well, for me the biggest downside to modding is that the longer the project goes on the less time I actually have to play the game I'm modding or test my work...which slowly kind of drains my enthusiasm. And then when the project is finally done, I...pretty much know all the content ahead of time, so there's less suspense and surprise and what-not when I do actually get to play.

---

Only other creature I've worked on recently that might have a place squeezed into BM's LL without much question is the Nixad (Click Here for a screenshot). They're tiny little insectoid fairies that used to inhabit the Nibenay during ESO, but slowly disappeared due to the Empire's development of the land. I could see them migrating to live amongst the Hist where they'd be safer, or something. 

Also, when I was purusing some creature resources...in the Snusmumriken's' BTMoreEnemies mod, I saw this note:

"Bubbulture (lives in the Rainforest near the border to Blackmarsh 
I made this creature especially for the BlackMarsh Project. It's currently under development, but I look forward to playing it when it's finished!"

Is that for this BM or another BM project? :P

Those insectoid things are beautifully weird!  They would look great in Murkwood!  Our Bubbulture actually exists, I think.  I don't have a screenshot to hand but IIRC, it appears somewhere or other.  I'll have to dig it out and find a photo sometime.

On 26/11/2017 at 9:58 PM, AndalayBay said:

Yes, it’s in the mod already. I’m pretty sure we were keeping that one secret. ;)

Oh yes.  We realised we had to keep some secrets secret (clams up).

Edited by Ibsen's Ghost

So I was pretty amused when I saw one of the new TES: Legends cards showed an image of the Swamp Leviathan mentioned in one of the Argonian Account books...it's a freakin' Dire Spinosaurus!

Major progress update: Ibsen's Ghost has just written up the last quest in the Sotho Tren quest line. That completes one of the faction quest lines!

If I can ever get of picture of Darwin walking towards me, I’ll post it. He looks like the cat version of a bulldog. I see that you got a Masstif/something mix. We have a neighbour that owns a Leonberger. He’s enormous! She’s about the same height as me (160 cm, 5’ 3”) and he comes up to our waist. Furthermore, he’s about 16” wide!! He’s got a super thick coat and is not at all happy with the stupidly hot summer we’ve had. He walks very slowly. :rofl:

Wow!  Leonberger's are truly huge!  I'd like to see the cat, to be honest.

As our own is a rescue dog, he comes with problems.  He can't play properly and tries gnawing at the arms and ankles in between attempts to mate and occasional growling.  It's clear he's been trained really badly.  We're just hoping it's possible to turn him round.  It's not easy when he's that big.

Here’s a pic of him with his harness on: 

You can see that he has a wide chest, but it’s easier to see the bulldog look when he walks. I also have a few on my cattery site, but once again, no walking shots.

I could offer some advice if you had a cat, but I don’t have much experience with dogs. I’ve watched shows with dog trainers like Cesar Millan and I suggest catching some of his shows or videos if you can. I would also look into a local obedience school. I know from Cesar’s stuff, that he uses a slip loop in the leash around the muzzle to control the dog’s head and he’s very calm. Don’t jerk the leash. Make eye contact with the dog. I think you’re also supposed to look where you want him to go. I got all that from a Cesar show. Be patient. Even though he’s big, from what I’ve seen, small dogs aren’t necessarily any easier to handle.

The Leo is awesome. I want to introduce my cats to him. Ada would probably be pretty cool. Darwin would be terrified. :rofl: I’ll take a pic if I get the opportunity.