• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Linode Critical Maintenance   01/10/2018

Phase 1 is complete. There will be a second round once Linode gets a patch. I have updated the forum thread -  please see my post here.
Ibsen's Ghost

Progress Thread

After a lot of trial and error with "just for fun" project, I do have a solid grasp on UV Mapping...so in a week or two I'll probably re-do the frog's map for symmetry so designs can be added to it.

I've updated our FB page with puddles' latest work (again, much appreciated!).  I am about halfway through Quest 2 of the Sotho Tren questline and really quite enjoying myself with it.  The only problem is the sheer length of time it takes to write these things up...but I'm getting there bit-by-bit.

I've been procrastinating for months on just adding racial greetings to one of my mods just because of how tedious it is and me being the only one to do it...full-fledged quest dialogue and journal entries is a total nightmare even further. X__x I admire your tenacity. Meanwhile I have the new frogs done, just forgot to upload them.

---

Edit: Uploaded to the download area. The dummy .esp has a LL for Raw Frog Legs and Frog Tongues ingredients to death-drop. I included a soundset for them, but for whatever reason they never seemed to make any noise when I tested them briefly in-game...either way, they're more-or-less done. If someone wants to change the texture, I can upload the un-collapsed .pdn file for editing.

Edited by puddles

Yes, I think the biggest downside to modding is the tedium.  You have to balance your creativity with a real tolerance for it.  I can do that but my struggle in recent years is finding the time in the first place.

Thanks for the frogs.  I'm continuing to upload shots of your work to the FB page.  There's much appreciation! B-)

Well, for me the biggest downside to modding is that the longer the project goes on the less time I actually have to play the game I'm modding or test my work...which slowly kind of drains my enthusiasm. And then when the project is finally done, I...pretty much know all the content ahead of time, so there's less suspense and surprise and what-not when I do actually get to play.

---

Only other creature I've worked on recently that might have a place squeezed into BM's LL without much question is the Nixad (Click Here for a screenshot). They're tiny little insectoid fairies that used to inhabit the Nibenay during ESO, but slowly disappeared due to the Empire's development of the land. I could see them migrating to live amongst the Hist where they'd be safer, or something. 

Also, when I was purusing some creature resources...in the Snusmumriken's' BTMoreEnemies mod, I saw this note:

"Bubbulture (lives in the Rainforest near the border to Blackmarsh 
I made this creature especially for the BlackMarsh Project. It's currently under development, but I look forward to playing it when it's finished!"

Is that for this BM or another BM project? :P

Those insectoid things are beautifully weird!  They would look great in Murkwood!  Our Bubbulture actually exists, I think.  I don't have a screenshot to hand but IIRC, it appears somewhere or other.  I'll have to dig it out and find a photo sometime.

On 26/11/2017 at 9:58 PM, AndalayBay said:

Yes, it’s in the mod already. I’m pretty sure we were keeping that one secret. ;)

Oh yes.  We realised we had to keep some secrets secret (clams up).

Edited by Ibsen's Ghost

So I was pretty amused when I saw one of the new TES: Legends cards showed an image of the Swamp Leviathan mentioned in one of the Argonian Account books...it's a freakin' Dire Spinosaurus!

Major progress update: Ibsen's Ghost has just written up the last quest in the Sotho Tren quest line. That completes one of the faction quest lines!