• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
TheDarkListener34

Stuck, can't move and on third person view, no hud and CTD

So apparently whenever I go on first person or im in the interior or just random I get stuck and mostly I can't move at all except that I can move my mouse and see my character, but it's stuck onto third person, no hud whatsoever. When I'm in third person, moving around, about maybe a few minutes or even seconds I get a CTD. I tried to do one mod at a time, it doesn't seem to work. Well actually I do like three or four mods at a time and see which ones that are being conflicted and causing a lot of CTD. 

This is a screenshot of it: 
Posted Image

Edited by TheDarkListener34

Sounds like you have a mod issue or perhaps you need to fix the settings in Skyrim.ini / SkyrimPrefs.ini, but I can't remember which one that you can resurrect by deleting and launch the Skyrim launcher to generate a new one.

Please post your loadorder after you have ordering it in BOSS.

SkyrimUpdate unofficial Skyrim Patch 

DawnguardHearthfiresDragonbornApachiiHairskyrim Project OptimizationLanterns of Skyrim all in oneSPIKExvisionchildren HighResTexturePack01, 02, 03xvisionchildren mainDark Brotherhood Mask Male FixRelighitng Skyrim Update, DawnguardVampire Face FixesVLCollisionFixunofficial Dawnguard, Hearthfires, Dragonborn Patches Better Dynamic SnowSplashofRainImmersive Sound magic, WeaponryrandomthunderCutting Room FloorStaticMeshImprovement Armored SkeletonLanterns of Skyrim AIO DawnguardUnlimitedBookShelvesNGNPCORM ArvakPont The WayshootingStarsSIDTvariedGuardsWetandCold, AshesFootprintstowConversationSkyUISkyrimconfigmeniAncient Black Dragonscale Armor Cloaks Cloak Dawnguard1inivWICCloaks, PatchDawnguardhelmetReplacerDragonHammer Flowing CapeNorthborn Fur HoodsRobedSteelplateArmorSamuraiBladesStormLordsUnique UniquesVampiric SwordVRHoodFloraRespawnFixCity Trees and plants Gildergreen Regrown Overhauled Throne RoomsStreetKidswhiteruntreeswinterhold doorsarmored horsesBetter HorsesBetterQuestObjectives, Dawnguard, HearthfireCivil War OverhaulEnhanced Auriel's BowEssential MeekoGuard Dialogue OverhaulHeadtrackingdD Enhanced Blood Main, Dragonborn Dawngaurd EBT PatchTheChoiceIsYoursBetterQUestsObjectives TheChoiceisYoursPatchxvisionchildren hearthfirezFreeRoamHCamidianborn Skyforge weaponsBetterQuestObjective AMBSkyforgePatchBetter VillagesMoreOrganicCitiesOblivion GatesProvincial Courier ServiceOblivion Gates in CitiesRealisitc Lighting Full Realistic Lighting Overhaul Illuminated Spells, Dungeions, Dawnguard interiors, Minor City and Town Interiors  Major City Exteriors, Major City Interiors, Minor Cities and Town Interiors  and WeathermslVampiricThirstVampireLordImmune8secallVampireLordNoHatredDragonBornAscendantDragonFiredovahkinrelaxSeeYouSleepVampire Lord Serana FixedDragonCombatOverhaulThe Dnace of Death VampirelordroyaldD No Spinning Death AnimationDovahkin prayervImmersiveBedsBijin Warmaidens UNP oneMistressSeranaSpirit of LachanceEMCompViljaSkyrimTreDeathBasicElderOutfitImmersive InteriorsWATER, PlantSkyrimshoutsANs Mjoll retexUlfric Stormcloak RevampedtalosNGNPC Dawnguard, Dragonborn aom hjerim bedroom doorsThat is all of the mods that are active and I used BOSS before I added them on here. A lot of these mods do work 

All is about 150 Recognised is about 143. I never used any bashed patch on any of the RPG. Mostly I never use Wrye Bash. Fallout 3 works fine, Oblivion works fine. I uninstalled Fallout New Vegas, because I never played it. Usually Skyrim works just fine as well, but when I installed the latest mods, they have problems. Then after awhile I figure them out and don't use the mods. Then Skyrim works fine, but I have been having this problem for awhile now. 

You should definitely use BOSS, Wrye Bash and TES5Edit, because Wrye Bash is essential and some mods won't work without BOSS, Wrye Bash a least in Oblivion e.g Cobl, FCOM to mention a few.

If I were you I would probably do this.

1.  Uninstall (delete any gamesave) and reinstall Skyrim because your gamesaves is bloated with scripts

2.  Download the latest version of BOSS, Wrye Bash, TES5Edit, Unofficial Patches and install them

3.  Install all mods you wanted to use with BAIN in Wrye Bash and run BOSS to sort your loadorder plus narrow down any mod with dirty edits until there are no more *dirty* mods in loadorder by using BOSS

4.  Clean every mod in TES5Edit even Update.esm needs to be cleaned except for the Unofficial Patches meaning close TES5Edit after one mod is cleaned and save the changes

5.  Run BOSS a second time then start Wrye Bash and rebuild the bashed patch by right clicking on it then select 'Rebuild Bashed Patch'

6.  Report any unrecognized mod(s) in the BOSS thread on BSF

I have BOSS and I've been using it for a long time now, including TES5Edit for cleaning the mods, I've clean every single mod, expect for the ones that said don't clean. If I did uninstall and delete any game save, then pretty much I would start all over again, I don't like starting all over again and again and again and again, etc. I only use BOSS for sorting the mods, TES5Edit for cleaning the mods. But I did do a bashed patch, now it's CTD now. And I have Unofficial patches, I also have seven unrecognised mods 

skyrimshouts.esp 
ANs_Mjoll_retex.esp 
Ulfric Stormcloak Revamped v1.2 DarkWP.esp 
talos.esp 
NGNPC Dawnguard.esp 
NGNPC Dragonborn.esp
aom_hjerim-bedroom-doors.esp 

This site here: Helped me a lot because it showed me how to do it. http://justpaste.it/p4v So what I did was did what the tutorial told me to do. But unfortunately I wasn't sure if you can select all or select the ones that needed a bash tag on it. I didn't know what I was doing so all I did was did default which was automatic and Relev or Delev. Then after that I right click the bashed patch 0.esp and rebuild patch, etc, etc. Then build patch, it automatically activated the bashed patch. I played the game for only a few minutes then CTD.

This site here: Helped me a lot because it showed me how to do it. http://justpaste.it/p4v So what I did was did what the tutorial told me to do. But unfortunately I wasn't sure if you can select all or select the ones that needed a bash tag on it. I didn't know what I was doing so all I did was did default which was automatic and Relev or Delev. Then after that I right click the bashed patch 0.esp and rebuild patch, etc, etc. Then build patch, it automatically activated the bashed patch. I played the game for only a few minutes then CTD.

Doing that without knowing what you're doing can only have one result meaning your game definitely needs to be reinstall from scratch.  That site is not recommended to even visit and definitely not to follow the advice giving there. :thumbdown:

I strongly suggest that you run BOSS and rebuild the bashed patch in Wrye Bash, because BOSS add bash tags for each esm/esp via BOSS masterlist.

So if you want to have those unrecognized mods then post them as unrecognized mods in the BOSS thread and wait for the next updated masterlist, which will be downloaded via BOSS as soon a new masterlist is available and in the mean time you need to manually place those unrecognized mods into your loadorder by following the readme.

Also note that you cannot use any 'saving your game' methods that exist for both Morrowind and Oblivion, because such methods doesn't exist in Skyrim meaning that you must start a new game if you want to have a stable modded game. :)

DS, you told him to leave the ESP's and yet you're telling him to purge the game directories. That's a contradiction. :)

If you're going to start fresh, then it's better to purge everything and reinstall your mods. If you used Wrye Bash's BAIN, this would be very easy because when you uninstall a mod, it deletes all the files for you. Then you could easily reinstall them. If you aren't using BAIN, then you'll have to delete everything manually.

I think your problem is being caused by a mod or by a mod conflict, so you need to deactivate all your mods, start a new game and then start activating your mods a few at a time until you track down which one is causing the problem.

I think your problem is being caused by a mod or by a mod conflict, so you need to deactivate all your mods, start a new game and then start activating your mods a few at a time until you track down which one is causing the problem.

The last one that you said deactivate all of my mods then start activating my mods a few at a time. I do that a lot and I found out about what mod(s) are being conflicting. Starting a new game, I'll do that. 

If you have conflicting mods, you have to resolve the conflict. Depending on the nature of the conflict, the only resolution is to not run those mods together. You need to make a choice.