• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Ibsen's Ghost

Xae's OST for Black Marsh

Xae's OST Contributions

Regions:

[*]Blackwood

[*]Parchlands

[*]Jungle (High)

[*]Jungle (Low)

[*]Darkmoor

[*]Darkmoor (Mangrove)

[*]Talu Swamp

[*]Everglades

Cell Types:

[*]Dungeons

[*]Fort Ruins

[*]Ayelid Ruins

[*]Castles

Special Cells:

[*]Hist Dimension

[*]Mage's Dimension

[*]Scorpion Pass

Black Marsh Original Soundtrack

http://soundclick.com/xaeaix

Score total length: ~70 minutes (updated 08/09/'10)

Parchlands:

Explore 1 (2:40) - We Live And Breathe

Explore 2 (3:06) - Neighbourland Sun (

)

Explore 3 (2:20) - Night In Armadillo Kingdom

Blackwood:

Explore 1 (3:01) - Shine Through

Explore 2 (2:47) - Uneven Emanence

Explore 3 (2:07) - My True Face

Explore 4 (2:40) - Summer's Rising

Explore 5 (2:43) - The Commonlands (

)

Explore 6 (2:25) - Rayan Lament

Moorlands/Dungeon (?):

Explore 1 (1:43) - The Rocks Have Eyes

Explore 2 (1:42) - Black Stone

Explore 3 (1:32) - Manhunt

Wildwoods:

Explore 1 (4:30) - Swaleheart's Moon (

)

Explore 2 (2:48) - Strangleweed

Cities:

Soulrest 1 (3:02) - Suncarrier Realm

Soulrest 2 (2:20) - Scarlet Cavalier

Stormhold 1 (2:58) - Saint of Storms

Stormhold 2 (2:21) - Rock, Moss and Homes

Gideon 1 (3:51) - Our Visitant Threnody

Gideon 2 (2:42) - The Saturnine Commons

Dungeon (?):

Dungeon 1 (2:53) - Hesitant

Dungeon 2 (2:46) - Hollow

Dungeon 3 (1:41) - Hearken

Standard Battle:

Battle 1 (1:22) - Feeding Grounds

Battle 2 (1:09) - Scare Tactics

Battle 3 (1:25) - Marshland Warrior (

)

Battle 4 (1:28) - Acting On Instinct (

)

Interiors:

Gideon 1 (1:22) - Ballad of the Mask

Tribal 1 (0:43) - A Wary Visit

Soulrest 1 (1:16) - Cloak of Sunlight

Stormhold 1 (0:58) - Shelter

Imperial Church/Cathedral (2:08) - Miserere Mei

Castles (1:43) - Royalty

Special:

Success (0:24) - Sovereign

Death (0:24) - Victim

Hey Xae. I don't seem to have a copy of many of these. Would it be okay to pass on a fully updated download? In my current version, for example, I have 3x moorlands soundtracks, 3x Parchlands, 4x woodlands and no jungle ones like Swaleheart's Moon. I could really do with this one, the Royal March and Filthwit (not listed here?) for the purposes of putting together the trailer. Even if not equipping the sounds, it helps me with the timings. Cheers.

Xae uploaded the entire package to our resources area today. In addition to that package, there is one extra track that he created for the Rootworm. That has been uploaded to the dungeon claim thread.I have the entire music package and the rootworm track and will add those to the mod at some point. We'll have to use the original mechanism for playing music since Better Music System doesn't work anymore.

Thanks you two! Really looking forward to adding more sounds to BM. I'm planning on adding a little more FX too eventually. That should be on my final sweep-through correcting the dungeons.

Edited by Ibsen's Ghost

Was the prefix system I suggested based on the original mechanism?

No, that was strictly used by BMS to automatically play the tracks for you. The old system requires an object with a script on it that will play the music when the object is loaded or a global script that will detect when the player enters certain cells. We used both methods in DBC. I believe BMS basically used the second method, but most of the work was done for you. It did some other stuff as well because it would break the original StreamMusic function if players had it loaded. So if a player is running BMS, they won't hear any of our music for DBC.

I thought that I came up with the prefix system because it would work using the old mechanism. It would be a global script that plays a music track depending on what prefix the cell has. I don't think it was for BMS.

The cells haven't been named that way. Some of them have, but not all. Many of the music tracks are specific to one area, so performance would be better if a scripted object was placed in the area that would play the music when the cell was loaded. So a hybrid system like what we did for DBC. In that case, we'd have to be careful about assigning the prefixes. Basically only use them in the cases we want the generic music to play. Then you can randomize the play selection as well.To illustrate the method, here's the generic dungeon music script that is attached to an object we place in each dungeon:

scn DBCDungeonMusicTriggerScriptshort rndBegin onload    Set rnd to GetRandomPercent    if (rnd <= 25)        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Dungeon_Loop_1.mp3"    elseif (rnd > 25) && (rnd < 50)        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Dungeon_Loop_2.mp3"    elseif (rnd > 50) && (rnd < 75)        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Dungeon_Loop_3.mp3"    else        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Dungeon_Loop_4.mp3"    endifEnd
That's only played in the onload event, so it's quite efficient. A global script that used the prefixes would be something like this:
scn DBCCellMusicTriggerScriptshort rndBegin onload    Set rnd to GetRandomPercent    if ((Player.GetInCell SkingradNerastarelsHouse == 1) || (Player.GetInCell SkingradNerastarelsHouseUpstairs == 1)) && (Getstage DBCNerastarelsHouseClean == 100)        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Manor.mp3"    elseif (Player.GetInCell DBCMoragTongTomb == 1) || (Player.GetInCell DBCMoragTongSedrethiTomb == 1)        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Morag_Tong_Tomb.mp3"    elseif (Player.GetInCell DBCSkelliaMysticCaves == 1)        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Mystic_Cave.mp3"    elseif (Player.GetInCell DBCStrongholdCathedral == 1)        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Stronghold.mp3"    elseif (Player.GetInCell DBCAnvilSanc == 1) || (Player.GetInCell DBCBrumaSanctuary == 1) || (Player.GetInCell DBCLeyawiinSanctuary == 1) || (Player.GetInCell DBCSkingradSanctuary == 1)        if (rnd <= 50)            StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Our_SinsI.mp3"        else            StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Our_SinsII.mp3"        endif    elseif (Player.GetInCell DBCSkingradNightMotherShrine  == 1)        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Sanctum.mp3"    elseif (Player.GetInCell DBCStrongholdMemorial == 1) && (GetQuestRunning DBCMQ11StrongholdAssault == 0)        StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Morag_Tong_Tomb.mp3"    elseif (Player.GetInCell DBCStronghold == 1) && (Player.GetInCell DBCStrongholdCathedral == 0)        if (rnd <= 50)            StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Our_SinsI.mp3"        else            StreamMusic "datamusicdbcDBC_Our_SinsII.mp3"        endif    endifEnd
Now the cool thing with GetInCell is that it works with prefixes. That's why you will often see a dummy cell named after each city. So there's a dummy cell called Chorrol. All you need to do is say GetInCell Chorrol and the condition will be true when they player is in any cell that starts with Chorrol. That's why Beth names all the houses and stuff in cities the way they do.So in the above script "DBCAnvilSanc" is actually a prefix. It means when the player is in any of the Anvil Sanctuary cells, of which they are several. "DBCStronghold" is also a prefix. One of the Our Sins tracks will play for any cell except the Sanctum or Cathedral, which has its own music.I can easily go through and rename the cells when we're ready to add the music. It will take a while, but it might be the best way to proceed given the mix of specific and generic tracks we have.

The dummy cells for the cities were what gave me the idea initially. The cells were going to be renamed. I don't remember if that was halted because BMS was going to be used instead.At any rate, it was for the original mechanism so it should work.

Actually, BMS does use cell prefixes, too, to play music. The issue that arose with BMS, was that when OBSE hit a certain version, BMS no longer worked - the newer version of OBSE broke BMS. So when I was playing around with BMS initially, it worked ingame for Blackmarsh...but when OBSE came out with a newer version and everyone upgraded, there started to be reports that BMS was not working right...and I found that out on my end, as well.

The cool about BMS, was that it used arrays (???), to even detect region names, and then play specific music in that specific region. This saved on having to rename all the "wilderness" cells to have a unique prefix for each different region, in order to use a dummy cell for those exterior wilderness cells. All you'd have to do with BMS was put something like "BmSrVudai" for Blackmarsh's Vudai region (as named in the "Region Editor" in CSE) in a proper script, and it'd play the music all across that Vudai region.

Here's a sample script I used for Blackmarsh when BMS still worked:

SCN 1BMSBlackmarshScript ;; goes on BMSBlackmarsh quest, in BetterMusicSystem(Blackmarsh).espshort fquestdelaytimeshort initshort iarray_var tempArrayBEGIN GameMode;;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------City: STORMHOLDlet tempArray := ar_List BlackMarshesStormChildWSif ( emcPlaylistExists "BM\City\Stormhold" == 0 )	if ( emcCreatePlaylist "BM\City\Stormhold" "Data\Music\BM\City\Stormhold\*.*" )ar_InsertRange BMS777.CellRefArray 0 tempArraylet i := ar_Size tempArraywhile ( i )	 let i := i - 1	 ar_Insert BMS777.AssignedPlaylist 0 "BM\City\Stormhold"loopar_Insert BMSUser.CustomRegions 0 "BM\City\Stormhold"elsePrint "Playlist error: BM\City\Stormhold"endifendiflet tempArray := ar_Null;;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Explore: JUNGLElet tempArray := ar_List BmSrJungleHighGFSR01, BmSrJungleLowNBVSR01if ( emcPlaylistExists "BM\Explore\Jungle" == 0 )	if ( emcCreatePlaylist "BM\Explore\Jungle" "Data\Music\BM\Explore\Jungle\*.*" )ar_InsertRange BMS777.CellRefArray 0 tempArraylet i := ar_Size tempArraywhile ( i )	 let i := i - 1	 ar_Insert BMS777.AssignedPlaylist 0 "BM\Explore\Jungle"loopar_Insert BMSUser.CustomRegions 0 "BM\Explore\Jungle"elsePrint "Playlist error: BM\Explore\Jungle"endifendiflet tempArray := ar_Null;;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Explore: MOORLANDSlet tempArray := ar_List BmSrDarkmoor, BmSrDarkmoorMangroveif ( emcPlaylistExists "BM\Explore\Moor" == 0 )	if ( emcCreatePlaylist "BM\Explore\Moor" "Data\Music\BM\Explore\Moor\*.*" )ar_InsertRange BMS777.CellRefArray 0 tempArraylet i := ar_Size tempArraywhile ( i )	 let i := i - 1	 ar_Insert BMS777.AssignedPlaylist 0 "BM\Explore\Moor"loopar_Insert BMSUser.CustomRegions 0 "BM\Explore\Moor"elsePrint "Playlist error: BM\Explore\Moor"endifendiflet tempArray := ar_Null;;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Misc Script Stuff belowif ( BMS777.Debug )ar_Dump BMS777.AssignedPlaylistar_Dump BMS777.CellRefArrayar_Dump BMSUser.CustomRegionsendifset init to -1set BMS777.CurrentCell to 1set BMS777.RegionTimer to 0PrintC "BetterMusicSystem: Blackmarsh added."endifif ( GetGameLoaded || init == 0 )set init to 1set fquestdelaytime to 1endifEND

So the above script would go on a quest in a "BMS" Blackmarsh esp, that was made dependent on Blackmarsh.esp & BMS.esp. The BMS.esm had other scripting in it, that worked with the above script.

Anyway, the above BMS method was the original plan...but Side777 has stopped working on BMS, and it might be even one of the other music plugins (Enhanced Music Control <EMC>, etc) that BMS was dependent on, that broke in newer OBSE versions...

I remember that BMS was meant to be a lot more flexible to use than rigging the original mechanism. Oh well. How much of the OST can be implemented using the old way?

I remember that BMS was meant to be a lot more flexible to use than rigging the original mechanism. Oh well. How much of the OST can be implemented using the old way?

We'll be able to implement it all.Some folks are reporting they can still run BMS. There was one guy that said the fix was to remove the "mp3" extension from the music files, which sounds really weird.I think EMC is still broken though. Apparently it causes a lot of crashes if you can get it to run at all.