• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[WIP/Alpha] The Black Marshes

The second alpha is now available! If you are already a member of the testing group, then you can download the new version here. If you would like to help test, then register here at TAL and post your request in the sign-up thread.

This version has a ton of fixes and some new content. We will continue to release alphas as we add new content. Helping us test these alphas allows us to catch more bugs. Black Marsh is a very large mod, so the more people looking at it, the better. If you do join the testing team, please report your findings.

After reading this thread (only for beta testers and team members) it sounds like I need to reinstall Oblivion.  Or is there something I need to do to save me some time instead of reinstalling Oblivion?

No I think you misunderstood me a little, because I was just thinking out loud for a second since I'm in Black Marsh right now with a lot of stuff both from Oblivion and Black Marsh in my inventory.

So in order to use a clean save I need first to go back to the main worldspace then drop all stuff and create a clean save before upgrading.  After that I assume it's okay to install alpha 2 for BM and go back to where I were before upgrading.

I read the thread, but in my case I must do as I just said otherwise I'll definitely have a CTD due for missing content in-game.  That's why my reaction were a bit pessimistic.

Well first, it was just a suggestion. I'd like to have people who can play through the first two quests in the main quest line again because I made a lot of fixes to them. If it's not convenient for you to do a clean save, then don't.

You just need to return to the Tamriel world space if you do a clean save. I did forget to mention that - I'll revise my instructions.

If you have Black Marsh specific gear, then that will be lost when you do the clean save. You will be able to collect it again though.

It's good that the LOD is here. The main thing which stopped me playing through the main quest is that the colour maps were initially black and immersion breaking. Now I can go from the cold snowy Skyrim to the hot Argonia :D

Well first, it was just a suggestion. I'd like to have people who can play through the first two quests in the main quest line again because I made a lot of fixes to them. If it's not convenient for you to do a clean save, then don't.

You just need to return to the Tamriel world space if you do a clean save. I did forget to mention that - I'll revise my instructions.

If you have Black Marsh specific gear, then that will be lost when you do the clean save. You will be able to collect it again though.

Well I misunderstood you didn't I. :blush:

I didn't know that you have fixed a few things with two first quests in BM quest line.

If you see any anomalies like that, let us know in the bug reports thread. I've never seen anything like that, even before I got the LOD done.

That issue was there when I tried generating LOD myself for the first alpha.

First off, the world building is superb. Really gives me a wonder of exploration :)

But I did add dialogue to the alpha, via a separate file, just to flesh out some of the minor NPCs.

I haven't finished the quests yet but I noticed from the first quest in Argonia that the NPCs could've had more Morrowind style topics so I added them.

Ok, I've added you to the team. When you're done, please upload it here. :) Looking forward to seeing it.

Thank you :)

I want to give at least some of the NPCs the "Valenwood Islands" treatment, so you can just have some more conversations. :D

Edit: There's a lot of NPCs so only the most important ones will be fleshed out. I can't do them all, I'm afraid.

Edited by Envy123

Thanks Choxman but I integrated these guys into the storyline many, many years ago.  Updated links are always welcome though.

Edited by Ibsen's Ghost

I also have another idea that I hope y'all find interesting. Argonian players should be able to join the An-Xileel and become a council member.

All I can say is that we'll try to keep the player's options open for what they want to do in the WS but the storyline won't be able to accommodate all requests.  We're always updating and adding things though.