• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[WIP/Alpha] The Black Marshes

Hey guys, I am new to the forums (actually, I've just signed up just to be writting this post), and I am looking forward The Black Marshes project.

I've been trying to do a continental TES4, using TWMP, Morroblivion, Elsweyr of Anequina, Valenwood Improved, TWMP High Rock, TWMP Skyrim Improved and TWMP Hammerfell/Hammerfell Eastern Grasslands/Dwemer Art Alikr's Desert. Well, I think Morroblivion does a great job for the Morrowind part, Elsweyr of Anequina does a good job, and Valenwood Improved is beautiful and fun at last. The two first Hammerfell mods disapointted me for different reasons but they're the ones I've got.

The point is: Attention to Summerset Isles and Black Marsh were missing, until I found you guys. From what it seems you've been putting a lot of passion into this, trying to stick to lore and not do just a heightmap, or a map with some NPCS here and there for no specific reason. The screenshots are amazing, it really does like it's gonna turn out to be just awesome. That's why I'll try to keep a track on you guys from now on. But the thing is... The sign-up thread is closed for a time being by now and I don't know how to sign-up for an alpha testing, it can be the next one or something if it got to be. I just wanted to feel Black Marsh for a bit, and help you guys sending feedback if you want of course. =)

Well, that's it! Keep with the good work! :D

Thank you for your response AndalayBay. I would be glad to contribute. =)

Also, I have seen a little discussion regarding compatibility with TWMP.  I stand by the side of the release of a teleport mod just like it was released for Morroblivion (which I use, and, I gotta say, makes you more immersive into it) anyways =D

In the future, when you guys are already done with the heavy work on the mod, it would be very much appreciated if it's possible of course.

I wish you all good progress in Black Marsh project =)

No idea, I'm afraid. We're on hiatus right now as Ibsen's Ghost and I have a lot of things to deal with in real life. We will get back to it, but a release would be next year at the earliest.

Can't wait for the Release, I hope it's as good as Elsweyr was.

Next Year will be a Great Year for Oblivion Province Mods with Black Marsh and Hammerfell and High Rock expected to be Released in some way, :D

Can't wait for the Release, I hope it's as good as Elsweyr was.

Next Year will be a Great Year for Oblivion Province Mods with Black Marsh and Hammerfell and High Rock expected to be Released in some way, :D

Wow. Seems like next year I'll tell my job to go to hell and install Oblivion :D

Hi all, by the way :)

I'm sorry for such a silly question. But where can I gat a link to download this Black Marsh mod? I've found a site but there was a link to this site to log in. Now I can't found a link to this mod. Help me, please!

The alpha was a closed testing group, which means that you had to ask to join the testing team for access. We got all the bug reports for the first alpha, so we aren't accepting any new members until we release the next alpha. If you'd like to help test the next alpha, please follow this thread. We'll announce the next alpha here and then you can ask to join the team.

Thanks for checking in!

That comes as something of a shock for those of us who have been following for years. Regardless of what he decides, whether he is simply taking an extended break from modding or he decides he must move on I'm sure many are grateful for his dedicated work over the years and many were inspired by his ambitious project that sought to not only be massive in scale but also of the highest quality (Myself included in both groups of course).

Naturally I don't want to rush to any conclusion just yet, but I'll understandably be sitting on the edge of my seat for further news.

By the time I will clear my plate of things to do, this would most likely be the 3rd abandoned project that I would fix up with a team member (or myself). I haven't forgotten about this mod, it just has too much potential to gather dust.

Hello.  This is just to say that I'm still here.  I'm afraid I can no longer spend time on modding but, if I can possibly squeeze it in somehow, I'd still be up for finishing off writing some of the quests or at the very least outlining a framework for how I saw it running.  I've gone through quite a lot of problems over the past two years but the summer is the time when I'm most available so by around mid-August, I could possibly get back to it.  I do really hope to see BM make it out there but I had never envisaged myself working on it for so long since I'd never really intended on seeing it through to a final completed version.  My last stand was a few years back when I had it in mind to complete a limited number of playable quests to show where some of the main quest-lines were heading but I knew that a full version would be beyond the commitment I could provide and, when I went beyond the cut-off point and then some, I knew I had to stop or be a slave to the project and that just wasn't going to happen alongside having a decent lifestyle.

Nevertheless, I'm really touched by what I just read.  I love your passion, folks!  And I'm especially grateful for AndalayBay's support and perseverance.  I had just really hoped that once I had met some manageable milestone, I could pass it on to someone else.

Edited by Ibsen's Ghost

IG, if you could write up your vision as a full story for the complete mod, Cray and I will pick it up at some point. I've got tons on my plate and am also busy with home renovations at the moment, but I will get back to modding eventually.

If you can write it up, please post in one of the private forums. Thanks!