Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

[WIP/Alpha] The Black Marshes

Okay, AB!  All the best with the renovations.  I may be able to get going on it next week but I'm getting married the week after and off for a 2-week honeymoon!  :)

Then I'm back on it...

Edited by Ibsen's Ghost
  • Like 1

Congratulations Ibsen's Ghost - I hope you have a fantastic time over your wedding day and honeymoon. :celebration: Also,

Welcome back! It's good to hear from you :)

IG, if you could write up your vision as a full story for the complete mod, Cray and I will pick it up at some point. I've got tons on my plate and am also busy with home renovations at the moment, but I will get back to modding eventually.

If you can write it up, please post in one of the private forums. Thanks!

I have a lot on my plate as well, at the moment, but I will go back to Black Marsh and implement my famous dialogue trees. :)

Hello again,

I just downloaded the 'Main Quest Outline' into a Word document and adjusted a few things, adding a Glossary for some terms to hopefully make it easier to grasp some of the concepts.  I also added some more details to flesh out the form of the later quests.  Do you now need a similar document for the Factions?  And would this allow progress to continue in my absence?

Ibsen has been working on the quest line summaries we talked about above. He got several posted up before he disappeared again. School started up again and he probably won't have time until the next break. Envy and Cray are working on the non-quest dialogue.

So basically lots of writing.

What do you mean by working on? Ibsen wrote up the tribes' quest lines. I think he's planning on some name changes too, to match up with ESO.

A while back, I believe one of the writers mentioned that the An-Xileel would be incorporated.

Aw, they're a threat? I was hoping they'd be a joinable faction (if your character is an Argonian).

Edited by Choxman

All players, including Argonians, are considered outsiders. You've been gone from the Hist too long to be considered a native. :)

I'm not sure. You do have the opportunity to gain the trust of various factions, but I'm not sure if the An-Xileel have that role. Ibsen has been writing up the quest lines, but I haven't had a chance to read them all. :P

It would be really amazing if Argonian characters had the option to renew their link to the Hist, and gain the An-Xileel's trust so you could join them.

Hello,

I have just barely found this project, and I would love to help, and perhaps help breathe some new life into it. I would love to both play test, and put my skills to use helping you with modeling, some scripting, writing, and art direction if you'd like. I also have a heavy background in voice acting, and music compostion/recording, and sound production.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help with this wonderful project! I love the concept, and would love even more to see it brought to fruition!

Let me talk to Ibsen and see when he can come back and get working on this again. We are in a writing phase right now. Ibsen has the whole story planned, he just needs to write it all up so we can convert it to quests. We need both architecture and creature modellers. Which can you do? I usually handle all the scripting, but might need some assistance when the time comes. I don't think we'll ever get BM voiced, but we'll probably need custom sounds and music.

We do need voice actors for The Dark Brotherhood Chronicles if you're interested. If so, would you mind creating a thread in this forum to introduce yourself? Please include some samples of your work.

I have a decent bit of experience with mapping / architecture in the construction set and can do 'a little' modelling via Blender, if there's anything I might be able to help with. I also received permission from the person who handmade the models & textures for the creatures in Morrowind's The Symphony mod to convert them to Oblivion, so if there's any Morrowind creatures that live in the Blackmarsh as well I can work on converting them.

Edited by puddles