• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Onasaki

Gotham City

OOC: You can use contractions, you know. I actually insist on it, 'cause imaging batman saying "We will hunt the joker so he can not rob the bank.." just sounds silly. XD

"Uh.. maybe." he glances towards Qew, "Can you?"

The cat snorted, rolling his eyes. Trotting a short ways away, he began to pace in a circle, leaving a trail of glowing pawprints. Closing the circle, he drew a figure-eight with his claw, then started scratching something in the center.

"Robin - has he done this before?" the man murmured under his breath. "This is...ah...damn."

OOC: I broke Batman's brain!

...in fairness, glowing cat-wizard would be a bit odd even in the DC universe.

OOC: There's actually a Red Lantern Cat, and then there's Klarion The Witch Boy, and his cat Teekl, which actually mirrors Jeni a bit, but he's sort of..evil but not. He's an anti-hero chaos mage. And technically can be chumped up to be a Batman villain if you want to make this multiversal DC, where Superman and the like exist too, but I'd rather not involve them too. Not until we have more people actually willing to do them. XD

"..he shoved me off a stool with his mind.." Robin admits, frowning at the memory then glancing over the figure the cat drew.

Edited by Onasaki

"He'nhi," the cat said primly, finishing up the spell. He read it over a couple times, then slapped his paw down in the middle of it. A small sphere of light lifted up and sped down the alleyway, Qew hot on its tail, and Batman close behind.

OOC: You can use contractions, you know. I actually insist on it, 'cause imaging batman saying "We will hunt the joker so he can not rob the bank.." just sounds silly. XD

OOC: Ona just corrected Ama on her grammar ;) In a mostly Elder Scrolls fanfic with Batman and Robin... :blink:

Jason followed as well, without another word.

--Meanwhile, in the Joker's Hideout...

He had been knocked unconscious for most of the ride, mostly because how much he was squirming and crying. Dragged into the mouth of that black-skinned monster on wheels was far less pleasant then he would like.. and it was too familiar. Ra'jarr whined and mewled for Jeni, but he couldn't smell anything.. the bag over his head with it's many different smells cancelled out his ability to pinpoint her, and his head was still ringing from the explosion..

When he finally came too, however, the bag was gone and he was dangled a few feet off the ground above a cage of leaping and growling hyenas. Hung a few inches away from him was Jeni, who dangled over some sharp smelling liquid, that bubbled faintly. In the distance he saw the clown man, hovering over Jeni's bag, with a look of glee on his already gleeful face.

The Joker cackled, flipping the bag upside-down and emptying the contents over a table. "Lets see.. lets see.." he mused, flicking his tongue through his scars. "Comic books. I do love a good comic.. hahaha.."

He fingered through a few of them, curious eyes widening. "Oh.." his grin only got bigger, "Now isn't this.. just interesting.." his eyes flick upwards towards the catboy and then the girl. His hand drifts over the comic, closing it with a laugh, and then picking it up.

"So... Bats has a secret... Hmm?"

The catboy shifted, with a whine in his chains. "..Stuck.." he mewled, though each time he moved his chain suddenly dropped a few inches towards the hyenas. He let out a scream and froze suddenly, staring downwards at the leaping beasts, wide-eyed; he shifted slightly and it dropped again. He let out another scream, and then a few drips of liquid fell from within the chains, splattering around the hyenas. He let out a whining-cry, staring downward at the hyenas.

"I'm going to try and make a shield for us," she whispered. "A better one than last time. They won't be able to hurt us, but I don't think we'll be able to fight them unless you figure out how to cast your spells again."

Ra'jarr glanced at Jeni confusedly, spells? He couldn't remember the second explosion, and he knew she wasn't there when he exploded the first time. "Wh..what?"

"Try, okay? I'll work on that shield." Jeni closed her eyes and concentrated.

They were getting close. Qew sniffed his way through the abandoned building the light had led them to. Patting a section of the floor with one paw, he announced, "Here."

Batman glanced around the room, then ordered, "Start looking for something that could be a hidden switch, Robin. We can't waste any time. Are you good to fight with that shoulder?"

Ra'jarr whined quietly, unsure.

Jason grunted faintly, holding his his shoulder, it hurt. He just didn't notice it until now, but he needed to push passed the pain, he'd had worse, right? He nodded toward Batman, "..Yeah.. I can fight." he said, dropping his hand as he began rifling through the nearby area; looking for a switch.

Jason glanced at Batman with an accusatory look on his face. "Not what you're thinking..." he mutters, though he was sure that's probably not what Batman was thinking. "The cat boy.. um.. Rachar.. or somethin' like that.. He has fleas." the preteen explains, running his hand over nearby support beams.

"She wanted to give him a bath.."

"I got distracted.." Jason muttered, knocking on a wall now. Suddenly there's a click, and loud Halloween laugh echoing through the building, and the floor springs open. "Found it!"

Sign in to follow this