• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

[SP] Awakening Hints Thread

Welcome to our hints thread. I've organized this like the way Universal Hints System does it. Basically the answer is a series of hints that allow you to stop once you've gotten enough of a hint, with the last being the full answer. This is a work in progress, and more hints will be added as we get feedback from players.

Edited by AndalayBay

Q. Where are the sanctuaries?
Hint 1:

You will be given directions to the sanctuaries during the Collecting the Keys quest.

Hint 2:

There are only five sanctuaries, including Cheydinhal. The others are Anvil, Bruma, Leyawiin and Skingrad.

Answer:

You can access the sanctuaries by visiting the houses of the former Speakers in Bruma (J'Ghasta) and Leyawiin (Alval Uvani). The main entrance for the Anvil sanctuary is an old house down at the docks. It's next to the Fo'c's'le in an unmodded game and in Open Cities Reborn. It may have a slightly different location if you are running other mods, but it should still be near the docks. The entrance to the Skingrad Sanctuary is in Nerasteral's house. Bruma has a second entrance from the Bruma Caverns, Leyawiin has a second entrance through the Leyawiin Caverns, which are south of the city and Anvil has a second entrance from the lighthouse.

Q. Where can I find the amulet for the Leyawiin key quest?
Hint 1:

It's in the room with the daggers.

Hint 2:

It fell, so it's on the floor somewhere.

Answer:

Look under the table in the room with the daggers.

Q. I`m in Skingrad now and killed all the ghosts. What now?
Hint 1:

The key is hidden in the house.

Hint 2:

Look upstairs.

Hint 3:

What's with all these crates stacked against the wall?

Hint 4:

Climb the crates and look on the platform over the door.

Answer:

There's a small barrel tucked against the wall on your left as you stand on the crates looking at the platform over the door.
gallery_1_35_1669.jpg

Q. I found the Hermit, but I need a item to gain his trust. What kind of item is it and where I can find it?
Hint 1:

He tells you "Even better than the potatoes. Deep below. Go, go, go!" So he wants you to find something that's better than potatoes and you need to go down farther.

Hint 2:

Did you notice him shooting at Fluffy? Did you see the barrier to prevent something from entering Fluffy's area?

Hint 3:

The entrance to the lower level is in the pit where Fluffy is wandering. Now you need to find something better than potatoes. But don't forget how much the Hermit loves potatoes...

Answer:

Go through the door in Fluffy's pit to the lower level. Walk straight to the end of the passage and then turn right. Proceed into the area with another troll. Look under or near the pile of leaves for some potato salad.

Q. What's with the Chroniclers? I can't get any of them to talk to me.
Hint 1:

They don't talk any more. However one will act differently when you are doing the Blood of the Traitor quest. See next hint if you are doing that quest.

Hint 2:

Only one of them can help you.

Hint 3:

Look closely at them. One is carrying a different weapon than the others.

Answer:

The Chronicler with the mace is the one you want to "speak" to. He's also taller than the others.

Q. I'm stuck on Blood of the Traitor quest.
Hint 1:

When you talk to the Watcher, he gives you two sources. One is the Chroniclers in the Library, the other is Bellamont's blood in the Anvil Lighthouse.

Hint 2:

For the Chroniclers, see the hint above.

Hint 3:

Follow the Chronicler to the hidden chamber.

Hint 4:

After a short cutscene, the Chronicler will kill the vampire. Watch the Chronicler closely.

Answer:

The animation is pretty quick, but the Chronicler will point to the blood. It's on the floor. You need to activate the blood spot on the floor. Then the Chronicler will speak and leave.

Q. I'm stuck on Blood of the Traitor quest, the second part.
Hint 1:

If you can't find Bellamont's blood, it dripped on something.

Hint 2:

The Watcher told you that the blood would be dried.

Answer:

In the back room in the basement of the Lighthouse is a stool with some dried blood on it. Click on that.

Q. How many side quests are there?
Answer:

Q. I know there's another side quest, but I can't find it!
Hint 1:

Not all quests are handed out by NPC's, some require that you read something.

Hint 2:

It's not in any of our Sanctuaries or other locations.

Hint 3:

It's a common item in a public place.

Hint 4:

It's in stores, guilds and city inns around Cyrodiil.

Answer:

It's a special edition of the Black Horse Courier. You can find copies in several stores, inns and guilds in Cyrodiil.

Exact Locations:

Anvil: Morvayn's Peacemakers, The Count's Arms, The Flowing BowlBravil: Mages GuildBruma: Fighters GuildCheydinhal: ChapelChorrol: The Oak and CrosierImperial City: Arcane University Arch Mage's Tower Lobby, Black Horse CourierLeyawiin: Southern BooksSkingrad: Colovian Traders

Q. Vorena is following me. How do I get rid of her? I can't visit any of the other Necromancer lairs.Some of these hints apply to any of the Necromancer lairs, so if you are having trouble recruiting a Necromancer, have a look. And don't forget the point of your mission: to recruit a high priest or priestess.
Hint 1:

If the high priest or priestess has demanded something of you, you can accept or refuse their demand. If you accept, they will readily follow you. If you refuse, they will be hostile towards you.

Hint 2:

They will remain hostile to you until you make them capitulate.

Hint 3:

They won't give up until they have no more supporters.

Answer:

You need to kill all the other Necromancers in the dungeon. Or, for Soul's Blood, kill off the betrayers. For Night's Harbingers, this means opening both gates and going through the living areas on each side of the entrance. Once all the Necromancers are dead, Aranea will surrender and follow you. Once you exit with Aranea in tow, Vorena will stop following you and return to the Sanctuary. Don't forget to go back and talk to Aranea once you've killed everybody!

Q. Where is the De Rerum Dirennis?
Hint 1:

Where do you normally find books?

Hint 2:

You might find it at book stores, but where else do you find books?

Hint 3:

In the Stronghold library, it's not on a table.

Hint 4:

It's on a high shelf.

Hint 5:

Look next to a vase of flowers.

Answer:

gallery_1_35_98307.jpg

Q. I need help with Burial with Honor.

Hint 1:

When you enter Applewatch and discover his body is gone, you see a blood trail outside and you're told to head south-east. Assume whoever took it is sticking to the roads.

Hint 2:

If you follow the road south-east, you'll reach an intersection. You should see another blood trail heading along the south-west branch in the road, so follow that.

Hint 3:

If you continue to follow the road, you should see another clue.

Hint 4:

You should have found a torn piece of bloody burlap on the road. They are obviously heading south.

Hint 5:

As you head along the road, keep looking to either side of the road for a camp. They are carrying a heavy, bloody body, so they need to stop for a rest.

Answer:

As you travel south along the road towards the Imperial City, you will reach a bend with some large rocks on the left. Just beyond the large rocks is a small clearing and a camp.

This quest relies on the body snatchers finding the player, but they often get distracted by all the wildlife running around and go deer hunting instead. Remember you're there to retrieve the body, so search the camp and retrieve it.

If you would like a hint of what's to come, kill the mercenaries and search their bodies. One will have a note.

Q. I'm stuck in the Mystic's Maze. The Maiden pushed a button, but I can't continue.

Answer:

For some reason the button doesn't always open the gate that it's supposed to. We've never been able to figure out why. After she pushes the button, make your way back to level 2. When you come across a closed gate in the north-western part of the level, open your console, click on the gate and type disable. Then close the console. The gate should disappear and you can continue. If you need help finding the gate, click on the spoiler tag below.

Map:

gallery_1_35_5400.jpg

Q. I'm stuck on The Price of Silence quest.

Hint 1:

The quest will detect if Elisa is dead already when you are given the quest and the dialogue will change accordingly. If Elisa is alive, then you will be tasked with killing her first. Have a look at your journal to see what you need to do.

Hint 2:

Once Elisa is dead, whether you killed her or something else did, your second task is to see if Irene told Roderic too much. You need to collect evidence.

Hint 3:

There are four pieces of evidence. You will receive journal updates as you collect each piece.

Hint 4:

There are two pieces of evidence in Irene's house and two pieces in Roderic's house. You can't necessarily pick them up - you just need to see them. Your journal will update when you've seen the evidence.

Hint 5:

Evidence items:
Shrine to Black Hand in Roderic's basement.
Letter from Irene
Letter from Roderic
Irene's Journal

Answer:

Once you see or collect all the evidence (you need to read the letters and journal), you will get a journal update telling you to go back to Cla'nee. You also get a suggestion that you should talk to Irene. Talk to Cla'nee and then Irene.

Edited by AndalayBay
Added new hint

Having trouble with the courier in MQ03 - Restoring the Black Hand? I have a fix for this that will be available in the next release, but until then, follow the instructions below.

1. Find out where DBC is in your load order by opening Wrye Bash and finding DBC in the Mods tab.
  2. The second column next to the name is the load order as a hexadecimal number like 42 or 5C.
  3. Load your saved game and open the console.
  4. Type prid xx00A543 where xx is the load order index for DBC and hit enter. For example, if DBC is mod 5D in your load order, it would be prid 5D00A543. If the reference ID is correct, you should see the ID and the name "Courier" at the top of your screen.
  5. Now type moveto player and hit enter. Then close the console.

That will teleport the courier to your current position and you should be able to continue the quest.

If you're having trouble getting Cla'nee and Arquen to show up during MQ03 - Restoring the Black Hand, follow the above instructions, this time using these ID's:

Cla'nee: xx0189C6

Arquen: xx003987

Substitute the appropriate load order index for xx. You'll need to select the reference with prid, as instructed above.

I'll fix their travel packages in the next release.